Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

New lens required

ilovesaabs
Posted 15/06/2020 - 16:33 Link
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
For something cheap & cheerful but quite capable the DA 50mm f/1.8 is your best bet if you want to get started ASAP. Not the focal range you're looking for but will be faster than any zoom and will allow you to at least start using the camera with a general-purpose prime.

Probably better to get an F50 f1.7, as the DA is a DA (someone can enlighten me) it might vignette on the K-1 - no such issues with F or FA
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
bforbes
Posted 15/06/2020 - 17:55 Link
ilovesaabs wrote:
Probably better to get an F50 f1.7, as the DA is a DA (someone can enlighten me) it might vignette on the K-1 - no such issues with F or FA

According to RiceHigh's compatibility page link the DA 50 f1.8 is ok on full frame
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 16/06/2020 - 09:34 Link
ilovesaabs wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
For something cheap & cheerful but quite capable the DA 50mm f/1.8 is your best bet if you want to get started ASAP. Not the focal range you're looking for but will be faster than any zoom and will allow you to at least start using the camera with a general-purpose prime.

I've used it on film and it seems fine.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
ilovesaabs
Posted 16/06/2020 - 15:43 Link
But according to another Pentax Forum.....
link
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
HarisF1
Posted 16/06/2020 - 16:37 Link
It's softer on the corners but should be fine for most uses unless you enjoy putting your subject in the corner of an image.
All the gear with no idea
davidruane
Posted 16/06/2020 - 20:55 Link
Thanks for all the input Gentlemen (at the risk of the PC crowd)

So - following all the extremely helpful suggestions / recommendations, it looks like I`ll go for two options - and go for both (that should fill in any gaps and give me a little better on the DA 50,mm F1.8 :

DFA 28-105
DA 50MM f1.8

SRS have a deal going until the end of the month on the DFA 28-105.... wonder if I can convince them to do a job lot

Again - thank you for all your help...

BTW - the deal runs until the end of the month so if there are any of you out there with available items - (between now and then)..............

Many thanks

David
Today is a great day - they always are if you wake up
HarisF1
Posted 16/06/2020 - 21:52 Link
You'll do very well with the 28-105, it's a real stunner of a lens. A modern day stack of primes.

There's also lesser spotted lenses like the FA 24-90 but personally I don't feel the IQ compared to today's offerings justifies the cost.
All the gear with no idea
Kmount
Posted 20/06/2020 - 19:06 Link
The 28-105 is mandatory for the K-1,but thats only my opinion.Its a great FF "kit"lens and produces nice images.Also performs well on a crop camera or in crop mode on a K1(40-150ish,which is a handy range)
davidruane
Posted 21/06/2020 - 09:03 Link
Thank you all for all of the comments. I`ve now ordered the DFA 28-105 from SRS - NOW WE WAIT
Today is a great day - they always are if you wake up

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.