new lens for my p30t

Anonymous

Link Posted 10/04/2004 - 15:53
I'm am looking for a new lens for my p30t and i am a bit confused about what will actually fit. The camera I think has a 'KA' mount, but would a 'K' mount lens fit? Ideally I want to get something like 25/35-80mm. Does the lens really need to be 'autofocus', even though I never use autofocus, the man in my local camera shop said that I must have an autofocus lens.

Stephen

Link Posted 10/04/2004 - 20:51
Hi Jamie, you are right about the lens mount for your camera it is a KA mount. Lenses with the 'A' setting found on the KA mount are the best match for your camera - it allows full use of the program mode. You can use a 'K' mount lens (one with no 'A' setting), this will only give you metered manual mode, i.e. you select both aperture and shutter speed. Pentax fit autofocus lenses will operate perfectly well with your camera, they are just a bit fiddly to focus (the manual focus ring on most AF lenses are a bit on the small side when compared to thier manual focus cousins).

If you look on the web / ebay / camera press you will find plenty of secondhand KA mount optics around - mostly at very good prices, so you should have no trouble finding what you are after
Stephen

johnriley

Link Posted 10/04/2004 - 21:53
You can happily use K fit and M series lenses in aperture priority mode as well as manual.
Best regards, John

Anonymous

Link Posted 11/04/2004 - 18:25
Thanks for the info, looks like ive got a wider range to choose from than I thought.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.