New K200D Has Finally Arrived!

Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:16 Link
Got my K200D today! The body was held up at a mail depot, and I sold the kit lens (sent separately) in the intervening time (it was a mark 1).

However I have a few older lenses to play with! I've got to say, I am impressed with this camera! Taken tonight from my boat - straight from camera jpegs (however they have been resized/compressed by flickr:

link
Edited by Pentaxophile: 01/06/2009 - 21:28
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:24 Link
With 80-200mm f4.7:

Comment Image
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:26 Link
With 17mm f3.5:

Comment Image
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:27 Link
With 80-200 again:

Comment Image


Full size crop:

Comment Image


Comment Image
Edited by Pentaxophile: 01/06/2009 - 21:36
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:29 Link
Takuma 28-80mm, shot at f3.5:

Comment Image
hefty1
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:31 Link
That 17mm Tokina looks like quite a nice lens on digital
Joining the Q
chrissinkpen
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:32 Link
I particularly like the swan shots, in my view the best shots are taken with the pentax lenses.

Am newbie, but I'm impressed with my K200D, I had Nikon D40 previously, the pentax works better for me, especially IQ.

Fantastic camera especially in RAW!!
And of course I must mention the exceptional FA50, am I just so impressed with this lens because I'm a newb or what,I find this to be a superb lens- a must have.
I hope you enjoy your cam as much as me
Regards

Chris
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 21:42 Link
Thanks! I love RAW but unfortunately shot all these jpeg only - I obviously need to get used to the controls cos I swore I had pressed the RAW button. I also took some shots with the 50mm f2 which are very sharp, but Flickr's processing has smeared them slightly...
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/06/2009 - 22:16 Link
That Tokina again, taken a few moments ago:

Comment Image


f11, 30 secs. Loving this camera!
Edited by Pentaxophile: 01/06/2009 - 22:17
chrissinkpen
Posted 02/06/2009 - 08:35 Link
Nice tranquil scene.
Just wondered which white balance setting you had on this pic.

Regards

Chris
Pentaxophile
Posted 02/06/2009 - 09:05 Link
It was still set to daylight / sun.
Edited by Pentaxophile: 02/06/2009 - 09:08

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo