new gallery for competitions

justgetoutandride

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 13:33
I don't think this will work well for the competition,

1. thumbnails are too small so you have to click on each image to see it full size,
2. nowhere to post up C+C (apart from under each image, not good for judges or entrants)
3. can't see how we would start a new competition thread.
Please call me aj,

I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)

http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery

Mannesty

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 14:52
C+C could be posted as the last (blank pic) entry.
You wouldn't start a new thread, you'd start a new competition.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 15:17
It seems to me, that after posting a picture there, you haven't got the option to post again.(I tried, but system doesn't provide a field to enter a picture.) So C & C and the end results from the judge can only displayed in the field reserved for Photo info. Not a good idea
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Last Edited by Malo1961 on 17/07/2008 - 15:17

davidburleson

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 15:23
Thought I might shed some light on the competition section.

We studied the way you guys were doing competitions and found you do 1 every week which ends on the sunday. It appeared that most of the time, people only uploaded 1 photo per competition. Then the user would judge it, set the winner and the winner would host the next weeks.

Therefor the new competition section works very much the same way.

The judge creates the competition as John Riley has. Then all the users have until Sunday to submit their entry. Then, the competition closes and John Riley is given the option to judge it. He can replace the description of the competition with his write up...or perhaps we will drop in some comments for the entire competition (its rather easy).

We have gone the thumbnail reasons for bandwidth reasons. No one wants to be downloading a large number of large photos. You can always use the next/prev arrow buttons on the photo's page to browse the entries that way (they are just under the photo).
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 15:31
Thanks for answering David. But I still don't know were the end report and C&C would show up. Is my previous thought
Quote:
It seems to me, that after posting a picture there, you haven't got the option to post again.(I tried, but system doesn't provide a field to enter a picture.)

correct?
Best regards,

Martin.

davidburleson

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 15:44
...might see that there are now comments available at the comeptition level as well so you can post comments related to the entire comment.
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.

johnriley

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 15:57
It was always the way that only one post per person was the accepted norm and that after it was posted then it wouldn't be changed. If this wasn't the case it would have been possible to constantly revise an entry in the light of other entries, which would have not been in the spirit of things.
Best regards, John

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 16:05
johnriley wrote:
It was always the way that only one post per person was the accepted norm and that after it was posted then it wouldn't be changed. If this wasn't the case it would have been possible to constantly revise an entry in the light of other entries, which would have not been in the spirit of things.

I know that John. But up until 20 minutes ago ( before David provided the latest change) there was no possibility for reposting what so ever. So it seemed logical to ask about it.
Best regards,

Martin.

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 16:12
Which reminds me,of a point earlier mentioned by me. I still don't see an option to repost my entrie in the :Sleeping Comp." Or are you going to forget about the 800 pix width rule in this case.
These options: Edit | Delete | Quote this post don't appear in that section.
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

johnriley

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 16:15
I think a bit of "slack" this time whilst we all get to grips with the new look and any glitches.

Hopefully after this week and after we've seen how my test comp works we'll know where we are and can get back to normal.
Best regards, John

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 16:17
Thanks John.
Best regards,

Martin.

justgetoutandride

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 18:01
occasionally a person would change their picture in the competition, either a new pic or an altered one (size mainly), but sometimes I've posted and image that came out too dark in the browser, so submitted the same picture after further tweaking.

Is this is not possible any longer?
Please call me aj,

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 18:08
justgetoutandride wrote:
occasionally a person would change their picture in the competition, either a new pic or an altered one (size mainly), but sometimes I've posted and image that came out too dark in the browser, so submitted the same picture after further tweaking.

Is this is not possible any longer?

Hi AJ,
just tried it. If you click the thumb of your picture you have the option to delete.
Just tried it successfully with my own entry.
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Malo1961

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 18:14
On second thought
Now I can't upload the picture again After deleting there seems no option available.
Please help
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

justgetoutandride

Link Posted 17/07/2008 - 18:21
Malo1961 wrote:
On second thought
Now I can't upload the picture again After deleting there seems no option available.
Please help
Martin.

I just did what you did earlier, uploded image, deleted, and uploaded again.

one thing I noticed though is that you must put in title and category, whether you want to or not!
Please call me aj,

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.