nest maker
Posted 05/05/2009 - 17:39
Link
wow, beautiful love them, and the tree trunk just adds more to the beauty of the image, love them a lot
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 05/05/2009 - 17:52
Link
The top one's my favourite - the blurred wings give a great sense of movement and action
Joining the Q
Posted 05/05/2009 - 17:53
Link
Love the top photo, just wish I had the skill to take shots like that.
K20D and a few different lenses. Plus I'm a complete noob.
Posted 05/05/2009 - 19:19
Link
These are the kind of bird photos I admire!
Posted 05/05/2009 - 19:25
Link
Nice photos, that's what you call a birdhouse, did they stay or were they just looking round for somewhere to live?
shim
shim
Posted 05/05/2009 - 20:05
Link
shim wrote:
that's what you call a birdhouse, did they stay or were they just looking round for somewhere to live?
shim
It is an old tree that is empty inside.that's what you call a birdhouse, did they stay or were they just looking round for somewhere to live?
shim
The birds are making a nest really. Look, the first pic. It is carrying a bunch of stuff for nest. The branches were on its way a bit, had to struggle bit, before got inside with its treasure
Mostly it carried moss. But then the birds were too fast - this exp time was too slow!
I still wonder how they cope with ants. Because ants think the tree to be theis home as well Or maybe birds take it as a lunch served
I feel sad, that the end of the tail went out of the pic
Posted 05/05/2009 - 20:20
Link
lovely shots, 1 for me,
just keep snapping,
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/
CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/
CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.
Posted 05/05/2009 - 21:47
Link
Aiki wrote:
It is an old tree that is empty inside.
The birds are making a nest really. Look, the first pic. It is carrying a bunch of stuff for nest. The branches were on its way a bit, had to struggle bit, before got inside with its treasure
Mostly it carried moss. But then the birds were too fast - this exp time was too slow! (
Sorry Aiki, I should have noticed.... I'm that used to birds coming looking around a nest box in my garden and then deciding that it's not quite right for them and flying off into the blue-yonder never to be seen again. I'll have to move it to another location, it's never been used in 3 years. It is an old tree that is empty inside.
The birds are making a nest really. Look, the first pic. It is carrying a bunch of stuff for nest. The branches were on its way a bit, had to struggle bit, before got inside with its treasure
Mostly it carried moss. But then the birds were too fast - this exp time was too slow! (
shim
Posted 05/05/2009 - 22:24
Link
The first one is a very nice environmental shot.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 06/05/2009 - 11:38
Link
[quote:3496ace15f="shimI'm that used to birds coming looking around a nest box in my garden and then deciding that it's not quite right for them and flying off into the blue-yonder never to be seen again. I'll have to move it to another location, it's never been used in 3 years.
shim[/quote]If they can, they usually prefer some natural place, I guess.
It is quite a "science" how large is the hole, how far the hole is from bottom, how peaceful are the surroundings etc. I luckily do have the old trees - that still carry some apples too But I see for the first time the birds living there.
BTW, have you cleaned the nest box??? You should, I think.
Thanks for everybody for nice words.
There are so many "bird photographers" in the forum, that I feel quite in child´s boots.
shim[/quote]If they can, they usually prefer some natural place, I guess.
It is quite a "science" how large is the hole, how far the hole is from bottom, how peaceful are the surroundings etc. I luckily do have the old trees - that still carry some apples too But I see for the first time the birds living there.
BTW, have you cleaned the nest box??? You should, I think.
Thanks for everybody for nice words.
There are so many "bird photographers" in the forum, that I feel quite in child´s boots.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


694 posts
18 years
Estonia
Here is one .....
I didnt realize that the birds are SO SO fast ! Exp time must go really up!
----
Pentax K20D; SMC DA 18-55mm II kit; Sigma AF 70-300/4-5.6 APO DG MACRO
GIMP Flickr
PPG