Natures architecture.

doingthebobs
Posted 03/06/2010 - 21:42 Link
Natures architecture from a walk today.

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/doingthebobs/general/IMGP1311-4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/doingthebobs/general/IMGP1334-4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/doingthebobs/general/IMGP1344-4.jpg[/IMG]

Any comments please...
Bob
thoughton
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:18 Link
I think the first one needs a bit of a crop, perhaps top, bottom and left (which will also remove that grey bit of leaf in the background). Great DOF and detail though.

The second one is my favourite even though the frame seems a bit empty, the light is great and I have a soft spot for ferns

The third one doesn't quite work for me, the OOF foreground leaves are a little distracting and the bent over tip is a bit of a mess.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Father Ted
Posted 03/06/2010 - 22:23 Link
I agree with Tim. I like number one, but a tighter crop might make it stronger.
I love number 2, that light.....
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
doingthebobs
Posted 04/06/2010 - 14:56 Link
Yes I think your right on number 1. I think I isolated the flower from the leaves behind too much and this is why there is too much space.

See what you mean about the distraction from the foreground leaves. I guess the unrolling leaves are a bit of a mess. I woundered if it would work better if it was going bottom left to top right?

The light was nice on no2 and the fern was isolated by the light.

Thanks for the critique.
Bob
mikew
Posted 04/06/2010 - 15:07 Link
I think the first one could stand a little more space to include all the background leaves. The second one is very good while the third one is the least successful but all are very nicely seen and captured. Nice to some clear, crisp photographs.
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
i-Berg
Posted 05/06/2010 - 07:55 Link
Nice work Bob, well summed up as above.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo