Nantlle Quarry III: Apertures
Posted 15/11/2010 - 20:30
Link
These are terrific pictures of the North Wales slate quarry industry Andrew. But more than being great photos, they are also a valuable record of a past industry seen in its dying state.
Pictorially all these three sets of images are first class and well worth looking at again and again.
David
Pictorially all these three sets of images are first class and well worth looking at again and again.
David
Posted 15/11/2010 - 21:00
Link
What a brilliant collection of pictures these three sets have been! Have you thought about exhibiting them? Ffotogallery in Penarth might be worth approaching?
Posted 15/11/2010 - 21:42
Link
#1 #2 #6 I liked how you frame your shots in 2 & 6 I have done this before always like the results. #1 Looks Great in sepia.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 06:17
Link
A lovely exhibition right here Andrew, just like the other series from this location.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 09:00
Link
Very nice pictures Andrew.... the 18-55mm always amazes me
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 16/11/2010 - 10:07
Link
Very nice series, I especially like the window/door theme.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 16/11/2010 - 10:55
Link
As good as it gets Andrew.
No. 6 is a class act, a winner and puts you into the hall of fame as far as I'm concerned.
Best regards
No. 6 is a class act, a winner and puts you into the hall of fame as far as I'm concerned.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 16/11/2010 - 17:17
Link
Thanks everyone for your kind and encouraging remarks.
The feedback I get from folks on this site means more to me than you could imagine.
The site adds another dimension to my hobby: I see the picture, take the shot, process it then post it here. Images need no longer fade away and die in a box in the attic...
The feedback I get from folks on this site means more to me than you could imagine.
The site adds another dimension to my hobby: I see the picture, take the shot, process it then post it here. Images need no longer fade away and die in a box in the attic...
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 16/11/2010 - 19:41
Link
They just keep getting better Andrew - you are an inspiration!
regards
Carl
regards
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3447 posts
16 years
Somerset
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures196a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures157.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures156a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures197.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures202.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures159a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures158-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad116/ADC3440/Nantlle%20Quarry%20Apertures/Pictures149b-1.jpg[/IMG]
I hope you enjoy them.
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05