MZ-M mystery
Posted 19/08/2011 - 11:46
Link
Smoke and mirrors in the numbering I suspect, as it gives us no clue whatsoever how many of these were made.
Best regards, John
Posted 19/08/2011 - 11:58
Link
I did try and interpret the numbers the way the DVLA does but all that told me was that one body was a female aged 57 and the other was a man aged 21.....ho hum. Thanks anyway John.
By the way I used these two cameras recently on holiday in conjunction with a Pentax A 28-80, Ricoh F2 50mm and Pentax -M 1:2 (:lol 50mm and I have to say I really enjoyed them. Might take them to my niece's wedding next week instead of the GX20....
By the way I used these two cameras recently on holiday in conjunction with a Pentax A 28-80, Ricoh F2 50mm and Pentax -M 1:2 (:lol 50mm and I have to say I really enjoyed them. Might take them to my niece's wedding next week instead of the GX20....
David
Posted 19/08/2011 - 12:39
Link
For what it's worth (which isn't much), mine is marked Asahi Opt Co and assembled in Philippines, s/n 3742xxx. They're surprisingly competent little cameras but fetch so little money that I'll certainly be hanging on to mine. I'm sure it would do an excellent job at your niece's wedding, David.
Al
Al
Posted 19/08/2011 - 14:06
Link
Unfortunately Pentax appears to have used a random number generator for its serial numbers in contrast to, for example, Soviet cameras where the first two numbers usually represent the year of manufacture.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1133 posts
19 years
Nottingham
I have two MZ-Ms and wondered if anyone could perhaps interpret the two serial numbers on them.
One is shown as being by Asahi Opt Co assembled in Phillipines s/n 7638xxx and the other is by Pentax Corporation again assembled in Phillipines s/n 4721xxx.
Don't want much do I?