my sam having fun


reso

Link Posted 29/12/2021 - 17:07









pentax k5iis +sigma 120-400
c &c welcome
k5iis k200d
8mm fisheye sigma 15mm sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm
tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 18-55 al ii sigma 18-125 hsm tokina 28-70 atx pro ii pentax F 35-105 pentax A 50 1;1;7 pentax 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash
Last Edited by reso on 29/12/2021 - 17:09

pschlute

Link Posted 01/01/2022 - 14:04
I like the first one. His head is still but the rest of the body implies movement.

The PP fanatic in me would have tried to clone out the oof wheat stem that crosses the body and gone for a square crop.
Peter



My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 13:14
They may not be in focus but who cares - that dog is having fun!

These remind me of Ted our Cockapoo that does at this the first sign of water but with his coat it means having to bath him afterwards, He does this all the time and then in the van (I won't say it's my baby and precious) I have to make a cocoon of towels and throws to keep the interior nice and away from the mud and water!

Do you have the same problem I do?

Get a dog they said, it'll keep you company when out shooting images they said, a few YT photographers have them and look how they enrich their time out they said.

Reality is - Ted likes to jump up to say hello to you - I get wet...or muddy.
I stop to look at a scene he barks to say "C'mon, lets get going"
I compose an image, it could be fresh sand or a lovely water scene with a reflection or some nice dry rocks and at the precise moment I go to press the shutter - he'll run into the scene really happy with himself, and then jump up at me to say hi and I'm soaked - or muddy!
Low to the ground stuff and looking at the screen or the viewfinder - he'll come and jump at me as I'm low to the ground and knock me over and proceed to lick my face - or try to. I'm again wet...and muddy.

All in all - dogs and landscape photography don't mix!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

reso

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 16:39
cardiffgareth wrote:
They may not be in focus but who cares - that dog is having fun!

These remind me of Ted our Cockapoo that does at this the first sign of water but with his coat it means having to bath him afterwards, He does this all the time and then in the van (I won't say it's my baby and precious) I have to make a cocoon of towels and throws to keep the interior nice and away from the mud and water!

Do you have the same problem I do?

Get a dog they said, it'll keep you company when out shooting images they said, a few YT photographers have them and look how they enrich their time out they said.

Reality is - Ted likes to jump up to say hello to you - I get wet...or muddy.
I stop to look at a scene he barks to say "C'mon, lets get going"
I compose an image, it could be fresh sand or a lovely water scene with a reflection or some nice dry rocks and at the precise moment I go to press the shutter - he'll run into the scene really happy with himself, and then jump up at me to say hi and I'm soaked - or muddy!
Low to the ground stuff and looking at the screen or the viewfinder - he'll come and jump at me as I'm low to the ground and knock me over and proceed to lick my face - or try to. I'm again wet...and muddy.

All in all - dogs and landscape photography don't mix!


k5iis k200d
8mm fisheye sigma 15mm sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm
tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 18-55 al ii sigma 18-125 hsm tokina 28-70 atx pro ii pentax F 35-105 pentax A 50 1;1;7 pentax 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash

reso

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 16:42
Thanks for all the comments Sam is a proper water dog first bit of water and he's in it looking forward to seeing what he makes of the beach and the sea when we finally are allowed to go
k5iis k200d
8mm fisheye sigma 15mm sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm
tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 18-55 al ii sigma 18-125 hsm tokina 28-70 atx pro ii pentax F 35-105 pentax A 50 1;1;7 pentax 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash

pschlute

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 16:49
cardiffgareth wrote:

Get a dog they said, it'll keep you company when out shooting images they said, a few YT photographers have them and look how they enrich their time out they said.

Reality is - Ted likes to jump up to say hello to you - I get wet...or muddy.
I stop to look at a scene he barks to say "C'mon, lets get going"
I compose an image, it could be fresh sand or a lovely water scene with a reflection or some nice dry rocks and at the precise moment I go to press the shutter - he'll run into the scene really happy with himself, and then jump up at me to say hi and I'm soaked - or muddy!
Low to the ground stuff and looking at the screen or the viewfinder - he'll come and jump at me as I'm low to the ground and knock me over and proceed to lick my face - or try to. I'm again wet...and muddy.


You forgot the bit about putting a nose-print on the front element of your latest expensive lens
Peter



My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 16:53
pschlute wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:

Get a dog they said, it'll keep you company when out shooting images they said, a few YT photographers have them and look how they enrich their time out they said.

Reality is - Ted likes to jump up to say hello to you - I get wet...or muddy.
I stop to look at a scene he barks to say "C'mon, lets get going"
I compose an image, it could be fresh sand or a lovely water scene with a reflection or some nice dry rocks and at the precise moment I go to press the shutter - he'll run into the scene really happy with himself, and then jump up at me to say hi and I'm soaked - or muddy!
Low to the ground stuff and looking at the screen or the viewfinder - he'll come and jump at me as I'm low to the ground and knock me over and proceed to lick my face - or try to. I'm again wet...and muddy.


You forgot the bit about putting a nose-print on the front element of your latest expensive lens

You joke but I'll give the command to sit and I'll go in for a shot but as I lock focus on the eyes he's already jumping up at me in excitement as he knows the camera means we're going out. When we're out and about and I try he does the same! Maybe he knows we're going home

I now go out by myself and feel guilty he's missing out on the exercise so I'm guilted. Can't win either way
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

takuman

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 18:09
Many moons ago, at the end of a day's shooting (guns) our springer spaniel was placed in a corn sack, with just his head protruding, this dried him off, kept him warm and kept the van clean, his name was Sam, a great gun dog, still missed after 60 years.
Just passing thru

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 19:14
takuman wrote:
Many moons ago, at the end of a day's shooting (guns) our springer spaniel was placed in a corn sack, with just his head protruding, this dried him off, kept him warm and kept the van clean, his name was Sam, a great gun dog, still missed after 60 years.

That says nice things about you both. They do leave a big hole in your life when they're no longer around don't they?
Be well, stay safe.

takuman

Link Posted 05/01/2022 - 19:42
Indeed they do. You never forget them
Just passing thru
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.