My Portraits
Posted 30/10/2012 - 20:13
Link
Hehe. No. It`s just that`s easier for me to put the links from flickr, then upload a new pictures But I`ll try to sort that out soon
Posted 31/10/2012 - 12:20
Link
In my opinion the 3rd one is the best of them.
1st - The eyes are really nice in that but lights are different. The lighting of a face from a lower position isn't customary. And the right half of her face is dark a bit.
2nd - Her left hand is nice, it is held as it is taught. But she hasn't a lower body and the lights make her face a bit wider.
3rd - It's almost perfect. The line of her nose is parallel with the vertical edges of the photo, this accords to the rules of the portraits. My only criticism is that her left shoulder seem too big because it's closer to the lens. If you crop the right side of the pictue (to her hair) it will be perfect.
4th - The frontal lights aren't used in portrait photography, because they make too flat faces, there is no shadows on his face.
I hope that I didn't hurt you, I only wanted to help you.
1st - The eyes are really nice in that but lights are different. The lighting of a face from a lower position isn't customary. And the right half of her face is dark a bit.
2nd - Her left hand is nice, it is held as it is taught. But she hasn't a lower body and the lights make her face a bit wider.
3rd - It's almost perfect. The line of her nose is parallel with the vertical edges of the photo, this accords to the rules of the portraits. My only criticism is that her left shoulder seem too big because it's closer to the lens. If you crop the right side of the pictue (to her hair) it will be perfect.
4th - The frontal lights aren't used in portrait photography, because they make too flat faces, there is no shadows on his face.
I hope that I didn't hurt you, I only wanted to help you.
Posted 31/10/2012 - 12:51
Link
I know nothing of portrait shooting, but contrary to Gabor #3 is my least favourite. To me the make up is the dominant factor.
I like the rest.
On #1 there appears to be a lack of definition to the jawline, and it seems to merge with her neck. Sure it could be sorted in PP.
In #2, I'd crop to remove the distracting tree trunk on the left
In #4, I guess you were going for a specific look with the lighting.
Nice set, but as I say I'm no expert.
I like the rest.
On #1 there appears to be a lack of definition to the jawline, and it seems to merge with her neck. Sure it could be sorted in PP.
In #2, I'd crop to remove the distracting tree trunk on the left
In #4, I guess you were going for a specific look with the lighting.
Nice set, but as I say I'm no expert.
Posted 31/10/2012 - 17:10
Link
I like #3 best but have to say that I think the make-up is a little heavy despite the light being beautiful... And I really like the pose/position of the model.
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Posted 31/10/2012 - 17:27
Link
Thanks. I really apriciate all the comments. Not only the positive ones I`m always happy to hear a right critique
Posted 31/10/2012 - 22:11
Link
I want to see more photos of the girl in 1 and 3....lovely
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Posted 31/10/2012 - 22:36
Link
I have no expertise in this subject so my views are probably not very valid. I like them.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


64 posts
13 years