Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

My Pentax MX

co049
Posted 27/10/2013 - 19:32 Link
Still going strong after 34 years of service, it has traveled a fair bit with me during my service in the RAF; going as far south as the Falklands, west to America and east to the Gulf.

The great thing was with the MX is it's compact size, it didn't take up much room, I even carried with me on a cycling trip along the Pryrenees covering the great Tour climbs like the Col d'Aspin, Col d'Aubisque and the monster climb of the Col d'Tourmalet. But it was just as happy photographing the RAC rally in a wet forist in mid November!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Chris,

Pentax K1ii, K3, K-m & MX-1.
Pentax LX, MX, ME Super & MV.
"Old Skool" with the new!
bettyswolloks
Posted 27/10/2013 - 19:41 Link
FANTASTIC!!!
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
womble
Posted 12/11/2013 - 09:40 Link
Not quite so compact with the power winder, databack and the shift lens but a classic camera all the same. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
bforbes
Posted 12/11/2013 - 09:50 Link
It looks to be in immaculate condition, considering the travelling it's done
Edited by bforbes: 12/11/2013 - 09:51
JAK
Posted 12/11/2013 - 10:18 Link
I have an MX date back too but the years available on it ran out in 1990 !

John K
John K
Edited by JAK: 12/11/2013 - 10:18
co049
Posted 03/12/2013 - 21:20 Link
womble wrote:
Not quite so compact with the power winder, databack and the shift lens but a classic camera all the same. K.

True, but with them removed and a 40mm f2.8 fitted it's very compact. A classic camera at home with any task!
Chris,

bwlchmawr
Posted 03/12/2013 - 21:45 Link
My second favourite camera after the Spotmatic... K10 is my third favourite. In case anyone is interested.

I know a stripped-down digital version of an MX (or Spotmatic) wouldn't really appeal to many people but it's a tantalising thought.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
co049
Posted 03/12/2013 - 22:05 Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
My second favourite camera after the Spotmatic... K10 is my third favourite. In case anyone is interested.

I know a stripped-down digital version of an MX (or Spotmatic) wouldn't really appeal to many people but it's a tantalising thought.

I think a lot of people on here would go for a digital MX, not fancy auto functions just an old fashioned manual camera with a digital sensor. Shame Pentax don't see a big enough market to make worth their while
Chris,

smc
Posted 08/12/2013 - 12:36 Link
Great looking rog.

I for one would go for a digital MX. i run an istDS in a similar fashion now - manual focus, manual exposure.
lxmike
Posted 18/03/2014 - 16:57 Link
A true classic, I used to drool over the mx when they first came out, unbeatable classic

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.