My newest toy

pnjmcc
Posted 22/09/2008 - 03:02 Link
Due to the cool way the tax system works over here and me only starting halfway through a financial year, I got a decent refund. After a few discussions on the cost of buying and processing film my better half relented and I was allowed to spend a little bit on a new camera.
I am now the proud owner of a shiney new K200D, with the 18-55 pentax lens and a sigma 55-200.

I am a very happy bunny (there is not a good enough smilely for it)

I picked it up on Friday and after a busy saturday doing chores and not having a lot of time to play with it, I was given permission to go out on one of the local trail walks on sunday.

Regards
Paul
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
pnjmcc
Posted 22/09/2008 - 03:25 Link
A cople of pics in the the Pentax Equipment section

Here
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
johnriley
Posted 22/09/2008 - 04:25 Link
Congratulations on the new arrival - have fun!
Best regards, John
hefty1
Posted 22/09/2008 - 10:11 Link
Your film cameras will be wondering why you've lost interest in them...

Enjoy your new purchase - I'm sure it'll keep you amused for many happy hours!
Joining the Q
pnjmcc
Posted 22/09/2008 - 12:53 Link
Thanks John, its not started to be fun yet, I am still learning what does what and when to use or not use it.

Not a chance Hefty, the MX has some fuji slide film in, the ME Super has some fuji colour and the Program A has a B&W in. I am hoping not to give up on them fully !

Regards
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Hardgravity
Posted 23/09/2008 - 07:07 Link
Just curious, which 18-55 lens did it come with? Over here we've been fobbed off with the Mk1 lens, while in the US the K200 seems to have the Mk2 one. I did a deal and went for the Mk2 with my K200, which does seem sharper than the older unit, that could be the 10 meg sensor though!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Edited by Hardgravity: 23/09/2008 - 07:08
johnriley
Posted 23/09/2008 - 07:10 Link
You can't tell unless you compare like with like, but the new lens is reputed to have a resolution that is more suitable for the 14.2MP sensor of the K20D. It has one less element, which is interesting, so there has clearly been a redesign.

Both lenses should be sharp, certainly when stopped down.
Best regards, John
Hardgravity
Posted 23/09/2008 - 08:05 Link
I have both versions, one from myK110 the other from the K200. side by side on the same camera I can't see any difference, not until I enlarge on screen, but that could be caused by anything. Just curious as to why different countries get a different combination.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
missmarple
Posted 24/09/2008 - 07:42 Link
I am a very happy bunny (there is not a good enough smilely for it)

What a wonderfully expressive way of showing your happiness.
Enjoy your newest toy.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo