My latest 'GIFT' PENTAX !
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
Photograph titled 'Faithful' by rex1999 selected as Pentax User's Photo of the Week.
Photograph titled 'Into the woods' by sueriley selected as Pentax User's Photo of the Week.
Proudly supporting Pentax User |
||
![]() |
![]() |
|
930 posts
21 years
Brentwood Essex (UK)
I was given this 1990's MZ-5 outfit -- the camera+ 28-70mm SMC Pentax-FA f4 and the 100-300mm SMC Pentax-F series -- it is much more 'plasticy' than any of my other Pentaxes ,in fact previous owner had snapped off a small plastic lug which holds up the pop-up flash-- you may ask " how is it then that the flash is UP in the Photo" ? -well it;s held up with a blob of Blue-tack ! The 100mm-300mm lens is sharp at full aperture but does not always 'zoom' - there seems to be a 'catch' in the body which is not 'catching' to engage the zoom . I have tried it with many of my other lenses including screw and they work OK and the TTL flash works. As there was no Instruction book I 'fooled' the DX coding into setting the default of 100 ASA by putting a paper label over the cassette on the 1998 outdated Fuji Super G 400 I loaded for first tests then I found out how to set the ASA/ISO 'manually' !! I took it on Sunday to a very WET London Chinese New Year and used the flash for fill-in held up by a finger. Results ready on Thursday ---- in the photos you will see it has a 35-80mm SMC Pentax-F lens -- I was using the 28-70mm on my K10D.
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!