My first try at HDR

Posted 23/08/2011 - 16:47 Link
Comment Image


Would like some tips to make my next one better
Body: Pentax K-r & K-3 + D-BG5 Battery Grip
Lens: Pentax 18-55mm L - Pentax 18-55mm AL WR - HD PENTAX-DA 15mm F4 - Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM - Sigma 50mm EX DG Macro - Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM - Kenko 2x Teleplus
Flash: AF-360FGZ
Opethian
Posted 23/08/2011 - 18:31 Link
Not bad actually, although if I was to critic it, I'd say that it's a bit overblown. Too much highlights in the clouds. But you know what, I like it the way it is, unless you can come up with a different version, then we'll see!
MarkTaylor
Posted 23/08/2011 - 20:06 Link
Yes there are clearly quite a lot of blown highlights in the sky despite the HDR treatment indeed apart from the shadowed area in the middle left of the frame the whole thing seems quite considerably overly bright. I'm tempted to put sunshades on just to look at it - but strangely I kinda like it too. It's one of these images which is somehow quite appealing and I can't quite put my finger on why, because on the face of it it 'should' be all wrong.
My Flickr • Pentax K-5 • K-5 II • Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6 DC HSM • Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD ASL • SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F/2.8 ED [IF] SDM • SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm F/4-5.8 ED • SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] WR • Vivitar 100mm F/3.5 Macro AF • Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-2
Edited by MarkTaylor: 23/08/2011 - 20:11

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo