My first K30 shots, ever.
Posted 06/02/2013 - 19:37
Link
1st one's a toughie... Reflected light on highly polished brass isn't easy.
2nd one appears to have a bit of a tungsten-type hue.
3rd one is a bit "heavy" on the red end of the colour spectrum. A bit of PP to tone it down a bit, I think.
4 - That's the one for me, although it might work a bit better in B/W, to make it look a bit more "newspaper feature imagey", in keeping with the events that took place in that street. It might be my dodgy eyesight, but the cars in the pic look a bit out-of-focus.
Well done though!!
2nd one appears to have a bit of a tungsten-type hue.
3rd one is a bit "heavy" on the red end of the colour spectrum. A bit of PP to tone it down a bit, I think.
4 - That's the one for me, although it might work a bit better in B/W, to make it look a bit more "newspaper feature imagey", in keeping with the events that took place in that street. It might be my dodgy eyesight, but the cars in the pic look a bit out-of-focus.
Well done though!!
Posted 06/02/2013 - 19:40
Link
Thanks very much, I never thought about putting it in black and white
My grandad knew Teddy Haskell as a kid, no longer alive wish I had known a bit more about him.
My grandad knew Teddy Haskell as a kid, no longer alive wish I had known a bit more about him.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 06/02/2013 - 19:46 - Helpful Comment
Link
I like the third one very much, nicely observed colours
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 06/02/2013 - 19:52
Link
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 06/02/2013 - 19:56
Link
Looks much better in b/w, don't you think??
Posted 06/02/2013 - 21:15
Link
I particularly like No.3, those doors remind me of the Tardis. Street scene definitely much improved in B+W.
Posted 06/02/2013 - 22:28 - Helpful Comment
Link
yes the third one has something for me too
- -
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Mike
Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Posted 07/02/2013 - 18:58
Link
Yeah I like the black and white one, will go back and retake it when there is less cars. There's a book called ghosts of Salisbury which says Meadow Road is gloomy. It's OK now, but once when it was all gas light, I suppose it would have been like that.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 07/02/2013 - 18:59
Link
gartmore wrote:
I like the third one very much, nicely observed colours
The rest of the street has those horrible plastic doors, this house is being renovated, so I hope the doors stay
I like the third one very much, nicely observed colours
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 08/02/2013 - 09:07
Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
Agree with the rest on the 3rd shot,the bins are an annoyance but there's something nice and formal, almost abstract, about the composition. I like that sort of thing, especially when the actual subject matter is so mundane.
See if I can get this shot again if the doors are still there.
Agree with the rest on the 3rd shot,the bins are an annoyance but there's something nice and formal, almost abstract, about the composition. I like that sort of thing, especially when the actual subject matter is so mundane.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 08/02/2013 - 13:44
Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
Agree with the rest on the 3rd shot,the bins are an annoyance but there's something nice and formal, almost abstract, about the composition. I like that sort of thing, especially when the actual subject matter is so mundane.
its the bins that make the picture for me, on the left we have a blue door and a blue bin lid dominating but on the right we have a black door and a black bin dominating.Agree with the rest on the 3rd shot,the bins are an annoyance but there's something nice and formal, almost abstract, about the composition. I like that sort of thing, especially when the actual subject matter is so mundane.
I don't think there is anything mundane in the subject matter at all, it is a well observed record of our times to say nothing of it being well composed too
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 09/02/2013 - 09:31
Link

Here is the original window that was above the doors. Most of the windows are now plastic rimmed. This is the last ever frame still retaining it's wooden structure. Windows are no longer like this.
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1041 posts
14 years
Salisbury
Flooding under Churchfields Road.
a lof of the original doors are gone from these old houses. These date from the 1930's when the houses were built and are the only two left.
Meadow Road where the Teddy Hakell murder happened at no 40
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2008/10/23/salisbury_murder_myst... for info on the famous case.
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link