My Daughters Debs

derek897
Posted 29/08/2015 - 17:37 Link
My daughters and a few of her friends allowed me to take a couple of shots of them just before they headed out to their Debs.
Taken with k5iis and either the F 50mm f1.7 or the F 28mm f2.8 + af 360 flash for some.
I enjoyed trying the flash and am fairly happy with the result.
Cheers Nigel
I can see that I have altered the white balance on the couple edited from raw, will have to redo those.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image
I know what i like, If not always why.
Edited by derek897: 29/08/2015 - 17:47
jvs
Posted 29/08/2015 - 18:11 Link
I like the first one because of the sharpness in the mirror and the great DoF control. The long gold dress has come out superbly, too - very attractive. The dark background in some of the others, though, almost swallows up the subjects in dark clothes. Was that deliberate? Whether it was or not, if this is a first attempt at flash, I reckon it's pretty good on the whole - I'd be pleased to get results as sharp as some of yours! I haven't got any decent results yet with my flash attempts!
John
stu62
Posted 29/08/2015 - 18:21 Link
i like no 7
it could have been very intresting if he had been in a black suit with a few tweeks
your daughter as just disapeared into the back drop the only way she dhows up that she is infront of the back drop is the hand on her waist and it looks like a toe


great composition
derek897
Posted 30/08/2015 - 00:34 Link
Cheers guys, i cant say that the black on black was intentional. My daughters dress was gold and i had a large black sheet at hand, her friend showed up in a black dress and there wasn't much i could do at that stage.
Nigel's flash tutorial has been immensely helpful in trying to get to grips with flash in general and i cant recommend it enough for anyone wanting to improve flash usage.
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
McGregNi
Posted 30/08/2015 - 07:10 - Helpful Comment Link
I'm really glad it worked out and you enjoyed using the AF360, with some sparkling results! Even in the outdoor one with that bright sly in behind you've managed to balance the scene so well and give good exposure on the subjects.

I'm hoping the guide will be available here for members soon.... John is looking into it with the editorial people .... In the meantime please send a PM to me if you're interested.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
bwlchmawr
Posted 30/08/2015 - 10:28 Link
A perfectly exposed set with wonderful clarity.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo