Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

My 2nd VLOG

cardiffgareth
Posted 09/04/2018 - 08:41 Link
Made a VLOG about my feelings and took some images.

https://youtu.be/KoVwEx1YSvg
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
johnriley
Posted 09/04/2018 - 09:52 Link
Thanks for sharing Gareth.

I watched both the videos. I hope the beautiful isolation of the coast around you proves to be therapeutic as well as picturesque.
Best regards, John
richandfleur
Posted 09/04/2018 - 10:07 Link
Hey I really liked that one Gareth. Thanks for sharing these, and I hope that just the act of talking about your situation helps, as does taking the time to just get out and take some photos for a change of scene and an activity.

Whilst we're all in different places, we're all thinking of you and wish you all the best.
derek897
Posted 09/04/2018 - 10:31 Link
richandfleur wrote:
Hey I really liked that one Gareth. Thanks for sharing these, and I hope that just the act of talking about your situation helps, as does taking the time to just get out and take some photos for a change of scene and an activity.

Whilst we're all in different places, we're all thinking of you and wish you all the best.

Couldn't have said it better myself, 👍👍👍
I know what i like, If not always why.
HarisF1
Posted 09/04/2018 - 10:45 Link
Thanks for sharing, Gareth
All the gear with no idea
stub
Posted 09/04/2018 - 11:00 Link
Nice one...!!
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
1stEverPentax
Posted 09/04/2018 - 12:33 Link
Thanks for that Gareth...enjoyed watching and brave of you to open up and discuss your feelings. As others have said, wish you 'All the Best' on your road to a full recovery. As you said yourself...certainly helps having the great outdoors nearby.

regards

Karlo
RobL
Posted 09/04/2018 - 13:15 Link
Nice one Gareth, hope making this was cathartic. I liked your images and couldn’t help noticing the fascinating texture of the shoreline with smoothed stone and water in the crevices. Lots of potential for wide angle and maybe abstract compositions.
Edited by RobL: 09/04/2018 - 13:15
cardiffgareth
Posted 09/04/2018 - 13:19 Link
Thanks all. Just can't wait to be my normal self once again. Hopefully future videos will be a little bit more upbeat!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
pschlute
Posted 09/04/2018 - 15:24 Link
Sorry to hear of your recent problems Gareth. Very courageous of you to talk about it, and I am glad you did. Wishing all the best for you to continue to improve.

Some beautiful photographs too !
DaveKitson
Posted 09/04/2018 - 20:04 Link
Good vlog and very nice images...

davek
bjolester
Posted 09/04/2018 - 22:53 Link
Interesting VLOGs. I really enjoyed the many beatiful images in the first VLOG. The setting of the second VLOG is very interesting, you are fortunate to live near such a beautiful coastline. I also very much like the music in the second VLOG. Thank you for sharing!
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
andymat
Posted 10/04/2018 - 09:02 Link
Wow Gareth, that is really moving. And very brave of you to be so open about issues that many people hide away and bury. I really hope it helps with your recovery. Channelling your time into photography in such a remarkable place sounds like an excellent therapy to me.

I for one am a bit of a fan of your photography!
Gwyn
Posted 10/04/2018 - 10:22 Link
Thankyou for posting this Gareth. As the mother of a son who has suffered from severe depression I can relate to your feelings, and those of your family. I am so glad you were able to recognise your problem and be brave enough to get help for it quickly. So many people fight it in silence, ashamed of it. I wish you well in the coming months and years because it can be a long road, with many set backs unfortunately.

I am so glad you are able to get out and take photographs again. You live in a wonderful area, and I have always enjoyed your photos, including the ones in the vlog.
davem
Posted 13/04/2018 - 12:08 Link
Gareth, thanks for sharing this. I have always enjoyed your photos and contributions. I hope that things improve for you soon.

Dave

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.