Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

MX wind on

Kempster
Posted 21/05/2009 - 21:52 Link
I have noticed that sometimes my MX doesn't fully wind on and some frames are butted-up tight to eachother without the small gap between frames. What do I need to tighten-up/adjust to correct this?

Jonathan Kempster, London.
pschlute
Posted 21/05/2009 - 22:19 Link
If it happens all the time it could be that you have not loaded the film correctly into the "magic needles"

If only sometimes then it is a fault in the winder mechanism. Sounds like it would then need repair.

You must make sure you are not pressing the release button on the camera base while you are winding. As a test why not run a cheap film through it while the back is open and see if you can spot the problem.
Hardgravity
Posted 21/05/2009 - 22:54 Link
If it needs servicing try Harrow Technical

Several people have used them recently and they offer a discount for forum members, it says on there prices page.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
johnriley
Posted 21/05/2009 - 22:57 Link
This is a common fault with the MX. I even had one that behaved like that from new.

If the frames ever overlap then it needs fixing, but if they only ever touch then you may well be OK to suffer the problem.

The only question mark is whether or not photo processing houses can cope with that without ruining some of your images by cutting the strips in unfortunate places. It was never a problem to me as I always had by own darkroom.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.