MX-1 batteries


Blincodave

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 17:53
Could anyone give me a link to a reasonably priced battery that definitely works with an MX-1?

Dave

McBrian

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 19:28
http://tinyurl.com/o3dxp56

The MX-1 is not listed but it uses the same battery as the X90 which is listed., I need to gethttp://tinyurl.com/o3dxp56 1 or 2 as well.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Last Edited by McBrian on 24/01/2014 - 19:29

Blincodave

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 19:46
Brian,

Thanks but link does not work. Have read on this forum that some supposedly compatible batteries don't work so I'm looking for somebody who has purchased and found them to be definitely ok.

JAK

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 22:41
These work OK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251038691063?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...

Gartmore linked to them before Christmas and I took his recommendation. However they look to be out of stock at the moment so probably not much help to you!

Perhaps you can find these somewhere else.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 24/01/2014 - 22:42

Blincodave

Link Posted 24/01/2014 - 22:43
Had noticed that link but, as you say John, out of stock unfortunately.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

johnriley

Link Posted 25/01/2014 - 00:03
The Pentax and Ricoh GR batteries are the same.
Best regards, John

McBrian

Link Posted 25/01/2014 - 05:50
McBrian wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/o3dxp56

The MX-1 is not listed but it uses the same battery as the X90 which is listed, I need to get 1 or 2 as well.

Messed up cut & paste link should work now.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

gartmore

Link Posted 25/01/2014 - 09:53
JAK wrote:
These work OK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251038691063?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...

Gartmore linked to them before Christmas and I took his recommendation. However they look to be out of stock at the moment so probably not much help to you!

Perhaps you can find these somewhere else.

Not me I'm afraid. I'm firmly in the manufacturers battery camp
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

JAK

Link Posted 25/01/2014 - 10:48
gartmore wrote:
JAK wrote:
These work OK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251038691063?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...

Gartmore linked to them before Christmas and I took his recommendation. However they look to be out of stock at the moment so probably not much help to you!

Perhaps you can find these somewhere else.

Not me I'm afraid. I'm firmly in the manufacturers battery camp

Sorry, beg your pardon. I tried to find the post again but couldn't, hence my other recent comment that a forum search for MX-1 surprisingly returns zero results! Whether the thread has been removed or not is hard to say.
John K

stevejcoe

Link Posted 25/01/2014 - 11:17
Matt (Mattmatic) created a post before Christmas on this topic, entitled Secondary battery for MX-1 link

I purchased a battery from the eBay seller linked in the thread. It arrived within 2 days and I found it to fit correctly and perform at least as well the original. The link is still live and the price is £5.78 delivered

Regards - Steve
Last Edited by stevejcoe on 25/01/2014 - 11:17

JAK

Link Posted 25/01/2014 - 11:22
Yes, that was it. The battery linked to in that is fine and even came with a useful case, however showing zero stock presently.
John K

Blincodave

Link Posted 04/02/2014 - 20:01
Still looking. Ordered one that looked identical to that on the E Bay link above from Amazon Marketplace but it did not fit.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a 'cheapie' that does?

MattMatic

Link Posted 04/02/2014 - 20:30
I gave some eBay links of ones that work.

Those that don't fit can be made to fit by carefully taking out the extra bit of plastic on the corners. Do it carefully as the plastic case is thin - so don't exert too much force! Might be able to show some images

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

Blincodave

Link Posted 04/02/2014 - 21:23
Matt,

Where are the EBay links please?

Dave

MattMatic

Link Posted 04/02/2014 - 22:06
It was this one alas now out of stock!

The thread was here.

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Last Edited by MattMatic on 04/02/2014 - 22:07
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.