Multi Row Panoramics
Posted 07/06/2025 - 07:07
Link
Amazing panos !! Need a wide screen to appreciate the beauty fully. Superb set !
Posted 07/06/2025 - 09:44
Link
These are so good Spad - you're certainly not a one-trick astro pony
LennyBloke
Posted 07/06/2025 - 10:45
Link
Thank you Les & Rajhans!
Lennybloke.... funny ain't ya
But thank you!:
Lennybloke.... funny ain't ya
But thank you!:
Posted 07/06/2025 - 11:09
Link
Spad wrote:
Fanotec Nodal Ninja Mk3 (ridiculous name) panoramic tripod mount.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that for a techy gizmo, every word or abbreviation in its name beyond the bare minimum increases the price by 10%, or 20% if it's meaningless. Fanotec Nodal Ninja Mk3 (ridiculous name) panoramic tripod mount.
Good photos, though.
A wild thought: can you do astro panos with the kit you've got?
Steve
Posted 07/06/2025 - 11:16
Link
Lubbyman wrote:
Good photos, though.
A wild thought: can you do astro panos with the kit you've got?
Steve
Thank you Spad wrote:
Fanotec Nodal Ninja Mk3 (ridiculous name) panoramic tripod mount.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that for a techy gizmo, every word or abbreviation in its name beyond the bare minimum increases the price by 10%, or 20% if it's meaningless. Fanotec Nodal Ninja Mk3 (ridiculous name) panoramic tripod mount.
Good photos, though.
A wild thought: can you do astro panos with the kit you've got?
Steve
This is my new goto way to do landscape. I can't wait to hit a sunset with it!
I am about to privide LennyBloke with ammunition...
Yes, that was the reason I bought it. Huge massive wide astro panoramic and Milkyway imaging
One thing about this type of image. The files are pretty big. I did 7 high quality JPEGS, that were a combined size of just under 900mb!
Posted 07/06/2025 - 11:31
Link
Great shots even viewing on the mobile, yet to see on the monitor. But....
"This is my new goto way to do landscape. I can't wait to hit a sunset with it! "
Ha, ,sunset, not that "jaded" subject?
"This is my new goto way to do landscape. I can't wait to hit a sunset with it! "
Ha, ,sunset, not that "jaded" subject?
Posted 07/06/2025 - 12:46
Link
I have no memory of making that statement...
Posted 07/06/2025 - 20:23
Link
So now you have been set up for it, let's have a sunset?
These are absolutely wonderful. I await the astro version.
These are absolutely wonderful. I await the astro version.
Posted 07/06/2025 - 20:46
Link
Thanks David
When i get the right weather a sunset will be done.
As for the cosmos.... I need to be at a dark sky site!
When i get the right weather a sunset will be done.
As for the cosmos.... I need to be at a dark sky site!
Posted 08/06/2025 - 16:58
Link
Those are excellent Spad...as others have said.
Wow...900MB images...as a matter of interest what size would they print out at 300ppi?
Keep up the experimentation...its keeping the site going!
regards
Karlo
Wow...900MB images...as a matter of interest what size would they print out at 300ppi?
Keep up the experimentation...its keeping the site going!
regards
Karlo
Posted 08/06/2025 - 17:56
Link
Thank you Karlo.
1stEverPentax wrote:
Wow...900MB images...as a matter of interest what size would they print out at 300ppi?
The second image is about 95in x 40in!
Wow...900MB images...as a matter of interest what size would they print out at 300ppi?
Posted 08/06/2025 - 22:32
Link
95x40" ? ...that is staggering.
I've never done panoramics even though every time someone like yourself puts up some great examples...I tell myself i will!
I really must though...
Once again...cheers Spad.
I've never done panoramics even though every time someone like yourself puts up some great examples...I tell myself i will!
I really must though...
Once again...cheers Spad.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1375 posts
18 years