More local beach images
Posted 05/05/2018 - 23:15 - Helpful Comment
Link
Great stuff, I love the gentle play of light across the foreground rocks, and you've got the low viewpoints and huge depth of field all perfectly done! I like No2 best overall.
Do you mind mentioning your method of focussing for these, and where exactly do you target the focus ....(I assume its at an approximate hyperfocal distance),but just wondering if there's any special approach in practice that gets you such good depth?
Do you mind mentioning your method of focussing for these, and where exactly do you target the focus ....(I assume its at an approximate hyperfocal distance),but just wondering if there's any special approach in practice that gets you such good depth?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 05/05/2018 - 23:41 - Helpful Comment
Link
I just started playing with ND filters.. When are you holding a workshop....lol
Great images as usual Gareth...
Great images as usual Gareth...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 06/05/2018 - 10:20 - Helpful Comment
Link
stub wrote:
I just started playing with ND filters.. When are you holding a workshop....lol
Great images as usual Gareth...
Wish I was closer to you, I'd go for lessons I just started playing with ND filters.. When are you holding a workshop....lol
Great images as usual Gareth...
Great set
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 06/05/2018 - 15:20 - Helpful Comment
Link
Great stuff - I love the foreground detail in the rocks.
Phil
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 06/05/2018 - 23:53
Link
Thanks all 😎
No secret to the DOF, I focus 1 third into the image and shoot mainly f11 to f13 for maximum DOF that should then give front to back focus with the 16-50mm.
No secret to the DOF, I focus 1 third into the image and shoot mainly f11 to f13 for maximum DOF that should then give front to back focus with the 16-50mm.
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 07/05/2018 - 08:08 - Helpful Comment
Link
Lovely colours in there Gareth and you've done the scenery proud. Well photographed.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 08/05/2018 - 21:02
Link
Thanks both.
Bjolester, all natural here. Formed in the Jurassic period I believe, there are many fossil here in the stone:
http://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/en/enjoying/Coast-and-Countryside/Heritage-Coa...
Bjolester, all natural here. Formed in the Jurassic period I believe, there are many fossil here in the stone:
http://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/en/enjoying/Coast-and-Countryside/Heritage-Coa...
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 09/05/2018 - 05:29
Link
Very nicely composed.
Each captured image looks really beautiful!
Each captured image looks really beautiful!
Posted 09/05/2018 - 06:39
Link
Beautiful color variations! Amazing set.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3434 posts
11 years
Barrybados
Rhoose Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Rhoose Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Rhoose Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Rhoose Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Rhoose Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Rhoose Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT