Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

More Ice Patterns

1stEverPentax
Posted 08/01/2021 - 20:31 Link
Just a few more from a local fishing pond a few days ago.

K-50 with SMC M 200/f4...first time with this combination.

Fascinating to see how nature creates such patterns with partly melted ice.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
K10D
Posted 09/01/2021 - 08:43 Link
Really liking the 4th & 5th from this set.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
davidtrout
Posted 09/01/2021 - 09:44 Link
Some really good abstract patterns here. I agree with Gary No.s 4 + 5 are my faves.
David
Sry
Posted 09/01/2021 - 21:38 Link
Nice exploration on the ice theme Karlo. The last one is the more interesting one to me, with the interplay between the water, ice, and reflection.
1stEverPentax
Posted 10/01/2021 - 10:34 Link
Thanks very much Gary and David for your positive comments. I can see why you particularly like 4 and 5...probably my pick as well due to the geometric almost perfect angles and shapes...how does Nature do that? It's almost as though a set of Draughtman's set squares and other shapes have been thrown into the water and magically re-arranged themselves.

Sry wrote:
Nice exploration on the ice theme Karlo. The last one is the more interesting one to me, with the interplay between the water, ice, and reflection.

Pleased you chose this one for that reason...much more interesting when viewed larger than able to post on here. I included it though for the reasons you state.

Best wishes to all once more and i'm sure there will be another opportunity before long for some more 'Ice water' shots.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.