Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 23:23
A few more Norfolk images, all comments welcome:

Best regards, John

AlJones2402

Link Posted 26/05/2013 - 23:33
Nice set of images here, I particularly like the seal shot

Papa_Lazarou

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 07:05
Love the seal, nice to see a few Pentaxians too.
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philnmorgan/

vic cross

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 07:55
Nice set John. Who are your three "friends"? They need to learn to keep their elbows tucked in and possibly turn their left hands around to give more support. ARE the Pentaxians as Papa says?
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Gwyn

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 08:07
I really like the seal photo.

I'm somewhat alarmed by the crocodile/alligator/cayman though. Hopefully that wasn't lurking in a broad?

Slightly OT and the reason the above comment is only half in jest: My son and grandsons found turtles of varying sizes sunning themselves on a log in a pool in woods here in the Netherlands, which they loved, but which bothers me a lot.

johnriley

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 08:39
Left to right, the three photographers are Mark (brother-in-law, K20D), my wife Sue (K-5) and Diane (sister-in-law, K10D) all a few feet from a very large tiger.

The place was Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens (fantastic and well worth a visit), which also answers Gwynn's question!

PS The seals were a colony of around 50, just lying on the beach at Horsey. We were stood only a few yards away and they were quite happy to just gaze at us in an idle sort of way.
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 27/05/2013 - 08:42

JohnX

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 10:02
vic cross wrote:
Nice set John. Who are your three "friends"? They need to learn to keep their elbows tucked in and possibly turn their left hands around to give more support. ARE the Pentaxians as Papa says?
CHEERS Vic.

Snap! I was taught for maximum stability to rest the base of the camera on the palm of my left hand and operate the lens (zoom/focus) with the fingers of my left hand whilst keeping both elbows tucked in.

Notwithstanding, I like the shots

johnriley

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 10:39
It's a fair point, but I think I shall have to let them off with that one. They were actually trying to get a picture of a very close tiger and avoid the bars that separated them. I suspect all other considerations were swept away. Having said that, I don't recall seeing any of the tiger pictures yet....
Best regards, John

puma

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 22:09
Some Great shots there John iam going down to Norfolk very soon cant wait i like the seal shot as well, John was that taken Thrigby Hall Wildlife as well ??
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link
Last Edited by puma on 27/05/2013 - 22:11

johnriley

Link Posted 27/05/2013 - 22:17
The seals bask on the sand at Horsey. You can just walk up to them, but not too close as an enraged seal would be very unfortunate I think.
Best regards, John

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 28/05/2013 - 02:23
The seal is very appealing, nice shot. Just been to Norfolk for the first time (the northern bit). Beautiful tranquil place. Not sure why I never thought to go before! Mountains aren't everything. Flatlands have their own sort of beauty.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

brodieshenton

Link Posted 29/05/2013 - 06:20
Great collection of photos all are amazing.
wholesale sunglasses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.