More Butterflies and Insects!

AndrewH

Link Posted 15/08/2018 - 14:16
Some more time spent using (practicing with) the DA*300 and x1.4HD teleconverter has yielded further insects and butterfly shots. I also tried the teleconverter with the DFA100 Macro WR - that's a handy combination too. Still staggered by the image quality (when I get it right) that these lenses/converter and my K5iiS can deliver.

1. Another yellow winged-darter

2. Large hoverfly

3. Speckled Wood

4. Female common blue

5. Male common blue

6. Male common blue

As usual I've limited my editing to cropping/rescaling - other than that these are straight out o the camera. The new lens continues to inspire me to get outside and take photos - in spite of a shoulder condition which leaves me in pain - I've just adjusted my carrying position and will hopefully get treatment soon. The Manfrotto monopod that came free with my tripod has been a great help!

Moe photos on my flickr Please have a look!
flickr
Last Edited by AndrewH on 15/08/2018 - 14:16

davidstorm

Link Posted 16/08/2018 - 16:03
These are very good and I think demonstrate a huge improvement in your technique / expertise within a short space of time. The one posted in the Gallery is also particularly good.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Helpful

AndrewH

Link Posted 17/08/2018 - 01:41
davidstorm wrote:
These are very good and I think demonstrate a huge improvement in your technique / expertise within a short space of time. The one posted in the Gallery is also particularly good.

Regards
David

Thank you, David. I think this is a case of practice being vital to improve, and with motivation levels high to get out there and use the lens there's plenty of opportunity... Just hope the butterflies and insects are around for a while longer!
flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.