More Butterflies and Insects!

AndrewH
Posted 15/08/2018 - 14:16 Link
Some more time spent using (practicing with) the DA*300 and x1.4HD teleconverter has yielded further insects and butterfly shots. I also tried the teleconverter with the DFA100 Macro WR - that's a handy combination too. Still staggered by the image quality (when I get it right) that these lenses/converter and my K5iiS can deliver.

1. Another yellow winged-darter
Comment Image


2. Large hoverfly
Comment Image


3. Speckled Wood
Comment Image


4. Female common blue
Comment Image


5. Male common blue
Comment Image


6. Male common blue
Comment Image


As usual I've limited my editing to cropping/rescaling - other than that these are straight out o the camera. The new lens continues to inspire me to get outside and take photos - in spite of a shoulder condition which leaves me in pain - I've just adjusted my carrying position and will hopefully get treatment soon. The Manfrotto monopod that came free with my tripod has been a great help!

Moe photos on my flickr Please have a look!
Edited by AndrewH: 15/08/2018 - 14:16
davidstorm
Posted 16/08/2018 - 16:03 - Helpful Comment Link
These are very good and I think demonstrate a huge improvement in your technique / expertise within a short space of time. The one posted in the Gallery is also particularly good.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
AndrewH
Posted 17/08/2018 - 01:41 Link
davidstorm wrote:
These are very good and I think demonstrate a huge improvement in your technique / expertise within a short space of time. The one posted in the Gallery is also particularly good.

Regards
David
Thank you, David. I think this is a case of practice being vital to improve, and with motivation levels high to get out there and use the lens there's plenty of opportunity... Just hope the butterflies and insects are around for a while longer!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo