More 1st K10D images

spirit_of_will
Posted 26/01/2007 - 10:49 Link
Work's been annoying me this am so to relieve stress thought I'd have a play with some of my first K10D pics. Had to go out to Cairo for a week just after New Year - great I hear you say but the weather was awful! Despite getting up dead early 2 mornings on the trot and heading out to the pyramids all I got was FOG

Below are some of the results that I got from the only 2 hours worth of pics taking that I had all week and 20 mins after I took these it started raining!!! Can't complain too much tho, I was meant to be working!!!

Anyway, these are a good example of how well the SR works, I was using a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX and the matched 2x tele-converter and shooting handheld from the other side of the square, effective focal length for these was 600mm.

http://www.pbase.com/diffractionphotography/image/73563814
Comment Image


Same shot but close cropped - http://www.pbase.com/diffractionphotography/image/73563815
Comment Image


Again cropped in tighter from original - http://www.pbase.com/image/73563921
Comment Image


Will
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
petekd
Posted 26/01/2007 - 12:27 Link
very nice images

They really capture the mood and this guys face tells a thousand stories.

Send it to national geographic

Pete
Rodger Fooks
Posted 26/01/2007 - 12:31 Link
Like the middle one - really good detail in the face.
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
Ammonyte
Posted 26/01/2007 - 15:44 Link
Will,

How much money did the fella in the black take off of you for the honour of taking his photograph?

Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
spirit_of_will
Posted 26/01/2007 - 16:03 Link
Quote:
Will,

How much money did the fella in the black take off of you for the honour of taking his photograph?

The middle shot is a major crop of a 600mm shot from the far side of the square. I was simply sat on a wall picking off shots from afar to avoid the baksheesh mugging!!!

Anyway, the way he was hobbling about with his stick he'd have struggled to catch me!
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo