Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Monochrome Venice

LennyBloke
Posted 22/06/2018 - 16:24 Link
Venice is a city of colour, with many wonderful and classic views that you can't help but snap away at - but once you see past the initial photo opportunities and delve a little deeper there is so much detail and alternative images to be made, many suiting Black and White better than Colour.

This is my first posting from a trip to Venice earlier this week - all photos taken with the Ricoh GRII, some with the wide adaptor, and processed in LightRoom and Silver Efex Pro 2. Click on the image to see it at a better size - hope you enjoy them...

1. Waiter, Waiter! :
Comment Image

2. Open air concert - No, just a Cafe band! :
Comment Image

3. Empty Market Place:
Comment Image

4. Cross-Chain Light:
Comment Image

5. Windows:
Comment Image

6. Dark Cafe:
Comment Image

7. That Rings a Bell! :
Comment Image

8. Ghostly Passage:
Comment Image

LennyBloke
redbusa99
Posted 22/06/2018 - 17:00 Link
definitely liking this set John but for me the right hand side of 1. i would straighten or give the left hand the opposite angle of lean and 6. i would just lift the shadows a tad. certainly well observed and love your ghostly passage plus how did you ever find an empty market place, well done
odd lens or 2

Flickr
Sry
Posted 22/06/2018 - 17:09 Link
Very nice set, the monochrome treatment works very well. I particularly like the composition and feeling in the marketplace and the cross-chain light. These are the kinds of places I will be searching to lose myself in if I make the trip to Venice one day.
Posted 22/06/2018 - 21:02 Link
Really strong set John... love no. 1 in particular, but there are strong lines and compositions throughout...

Best
smudge
Posted 22/06/2018 - 21:54 Link
Very impressive. I visited last month but found the prevailing attitude towards visitors off putting. I'm sure they would charge for the air you breathe if they could find a way.
Regards, Philip
DSP121
Posted 23/06/2018 - 07:07 Link
No colors, yet very effective pictures!
I like your way of thinking... unique!
derek897
Posted 23/06/2018 - 09:46 Link
3,4,5 and 6 are stunning, lovely set, you do get to visit some beautiful places and get fantastic images. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I know what i like, If not always why.
pschlute
Posted 23/06/2018 - 11:00 Link
really like 4 and 6
K10D
Posted 23/06/2018 - 17:17 Link
Very impressive set. Deservedly in B&W. Good call on that decision. The first image is a great photo.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.