Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Memory card for K-x problems.

trixie
Posted 23/02/2012 - 16:49 Link
Any one else had this problem with memory cards, just bought a new 16GB card for K-x and its missing one and reading one shot, so bought another an 8GB card and now says memory card full even though it only had 70 photos on it, I have emailed 7 day shop as its a Dane-Elec SDHD card with a 10 year year warranty. Any advice please. :
[[quote]Trixie xx If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. W. C Fields.
Mike-P
Posted 23/02/2012 - 17:06 - Helpful Comment Link
Is your firmware up to date?

Seem to remember one for memory cards a while back.
trixie
Posted 23/02/2012 - 17:13 Link
Hi it is now I have just downloaded the firmware update, I looked back on the forum after I had posted this. Thank you I found one that Maria Autumn light asked advice for..... Cheers Trixie
[[quote]Trixie xx If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. W. C Fields.
davidstorm
Posted 23/02/2012 - 22:25 - Helpful Comment Link
Hi Trixie, I think you already know that mine is perfectly OK with all of the cards I've tried it with. I have the latest firmware, so this may make a difference. If not, and your camera is still in guarantee I would be tempted to have it repaired under warranty. If you do this I would be happy to lend you one of my cameras until yours is returned!

Best wishes
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
trixie
Posted 24/02/2012 - 09:33 Link
Hi David, thats very kind of you, I have downloaded the firmware and need to put it in the camera, I did take it back to the shop last week he said there was nothing wrong with it, so its going again this morning might just be the firmware but there is definatley something wrong. Maybe just me. Thank you for your kind offer. Cheers Trixie
greynolds999
Posted 24/02/2012 - 09:55 - Helpful Comment Link
Are you formatting the cards in the camera or in a PC? Even if you just put the card in a PC it can subtly change the files which means they will no longer read properly in the camera.

Try formatting the card in the camera and take some test shots then see what happens.
trixie
Posted 24/02/2012 - 17:31 Link
Hi today took camera back to shop, he told me to format in the PC!!! and that my K-x won't read a 16 gb card, it did read it two weeks ago when I went out with Puma and the guys, so I dont know what happened to it, I have since put in a new card an 8gb and it seems to be OK now. Thank you so much for everyones tips. Best wishes Trixie
greynolds999 wrote:
Are you formatting the cards in the camera or in a PC? Even if you just put the card in a PC it can subtly change the files which means they will no longer read properly in the camera.

Try formatting the card in the camera and take some test shots then see what happens.

bforbes
Posted 24/02/2012 - 17:59 - Helpful Comment Link
According to Pentax it should read cards up to 32gb link
davidstorm
Posted 24/02/2012 - 19:25 - Helpful Comment Link
Trixie, the K-x will definitely take 16gb cards (use one in mine all the time) and I've also tested it with 32gb - no problems. Do you want to swap your K-x with mine for a week or two and see if mine behaves itself with your cards?

BTW, I always format cards in the camera and have never had a problem (apart from cards splitting apart which is nothing to do with the camera!)

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
trixie
Posted 25/02/2012 - 01:17 Link
bforbes wrote:
According to Pentax it should read cards up to 32gb link

The guy in Harrisons cameras says it work with a 16GB card!!! it was doing then it stopped, been in touch with 7 day shop they are going to replace it for me, it must have got bent somehow, Thanks for the advice Cheers Trixie
davidstorm wrote:
Trixie, the K-x will definitely take 16gb cards (use one in mine all the time) and I've also tested it with 32gb - no problems. Do you want to swap your K-x with mine for a week or two and see if mine behaves itself with your cards?

BTW, I always format cards in the camera and have never had a problem (apart from cards splitting apart which is nothing to do with the camera!)

Regards
David

Thank you David for the very kind offer, I will see how it goes and PM you in a few days, I've put a new 8GB in it at the moment and it seems to be OK best wishes Trixie

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.