Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

ME Super replacement parts

Anonymous
Posted 03/07/2004 - 18:34 Link
Hi there,

I've recently inhereted an ME Super, which appears to be a great camera indeed. Only thing is, as with most things you inherit, not all is picture perfect cosmetically. I have a dent in the prism of the top cover, the mirror is scratched and the view-finder has not faired to well either.

Although these issues do not affect the picture quality in the slightest, I think it deserves to be brought back to its former glory. Does anyone know a good source of replacement parts, or will I simply have to resort to cannibalism of non-working ME Supers .

Warm regards,

Amir
johnriley
Posted 03/07/2004 - 18:43 Link
The problem is that there are lots of really nice ME Supers and if you can pick one up at the right price it will probably be more cost effective than trying to renovate a sub-standard one. It's a shame and I really don't like discarding anything that was once a fine piece of engineering, but sometimes the costs preclude repair and/or renovation.

On the other hand, if the camera works well perhaps it can just be left to work on until it fails. Spares are probably not available from pentax, but there are independent repair houses that no doubt cannibalise old cameras. Or a non-working but cosmetically excellent one might be found very cheaply.

Have you tried eBay?
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.