Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

ME Super History

Anonymous
Posted 15/01/2004 - 13:24 Link
Having just dug out and started using my ME Super that I had for my 16th Birthday 9 years ago; I have been doing some reading on the web. One website said it was a favourite of war correspondants due to its 'indestructability'. I would love to find out more about this and even see some of the pictures taken.

Any other interesting snippets, historical info, key photo's, etc. would also be appreciated.

Thanks

2LAP H
Anonymous
Posted 08/02/2004 - 10:12 Link
there's loads of information on used pentaxes on the web..like you, i needed all sort of info on a used pentax i bought last month, and found it through here and other linked sites..
i am at work at the mo', so haven't got the links on this computer, but will post you a reply tomorrow..
or have a look at the other forums on here..there's quite a lot of postings on the me super!
laters!
johnriley
Posted 08/02/2004 - 14:24 Link
A really good source of the sort of information you are asking for is the photographic magazine of the era. You can see the reviews, the adverts, the letters, the frequency with which pictures taken on your camera appear, the eventual second hand adverts for it, and so on.

I collect old photographic magazines for this purpose. Foe the ME Super, try back issues of AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER, PHOTOGRAPHY, PHOTO TECHNIQUE, PRACTICAL PHOTOGRAPHY and others.
Best regards, John
Anonymous
Posted 12/02/2004 - 12:31 Link
Some great tips, thanks.

Just had my ME Super serviced... its still going well!
Kim C
Posted 12/02/2004 - 13:48 Link
The magazines give a very good review of the technical aspects of the cameras. The only trouble I find is that the "handling comments" are only from one or two people. I find "Camera Review" gives a much wider view.

http://www.camerareview.com/templates/camera_index.htm

Regards

Kim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.