Maximus


robbiec

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 16:23
Maximus, our 16 or 17 year old cat. Taking no prisoners when faced with K-1 and DFA*70-200 combo


Maximus
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

pschlute

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 17:26
What a stunner.
Peter



My Flickr page

Helpful

HarisF1

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 20:36
Very nice. Love the lighting and mood.

Helpful

Sry

Link Posted 03/07/2020 - 22:33
Doing a pretty decent staredown for his (her) age.

Helpful

robbiec

Link Posted 04/07/2020 - 11:32
It's come out well. The wife had been going through my recent Flickr set as I had mentioned that I'd be doing the Singles-in stuff to get me back into the game, quote, "x, y, & z are better I think but you know Max will get that explorer thing, people like animals, and cat people really like cat pictures" she was right of course as wives invariably are
I'm moreso a dog person as I'm slightly allergic to cats and I'm missing Max's opposite Rufus who passed away a few months back.


Taken with my first ever prime (a Chinon 50/1.9) on a K20D, which I still have - fantastic glass and sensors are all well and good, but capturing memories or monents in time is what this is really all about.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]
Last Edited by robbiec on 04/07/2020 - 11:50

pschlute

Link Posted 04/07/2020 - 14:00
Rufus is a cutie too. Nice capture of him in his element. Are you considering another dog at any time ?
Peter



My Flickr page

robbiec

Link Posted 04/07/2020 - 14:05
pschlute wrote:

Rufus is a cutie too. Nice capture of him in his element. Are you considering another dog at any time ?

Thanks Peter, I dropped a tear or two writing the last post, still a bit raw. All part of the process 🙂
I've had dogs and cats in my house all my life so for sure. I think the next dog will be Hazel's (my 4 year old) though so might wait another little while. It'll have to be a puppy too to allow Max feel in control. The balance of the house changed with Rufus passing.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]
Last Edited by robbiec on 04/07/2020 - 14:13

pschlute

Link Posted 04/07/2020 - 14:20
robbiec wrote:

It'll have to be a puppy too to allow Max feel in control. The balance of the house changed with Rufus passing.

Oh indeed, the dynamics of having two pets can be complicated. When I was a kid we had an older Siamese and a Collie (from a pup). The cat made it quite clear who was boss and could get the dog to vacate it's (now suitably warmed) bed with a simple hard stare.

Five years ago when we got Ripley as a little brother for Rio we expected it to be plain sailing as Rio loved playing with other dogs. But no, for 10 days he wanted nothing to do with the little upstart.

Very sorry for your loss.
Peter



My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 04/07/2020 - 14:22

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/07/2020 - 15:47
I'm feeling a bit left out with all these super pet portraits on the forum - you've really got to grips with the 70-200 Robbie, Max has done it justice and the Chinon 50mm lenses were top notch glass, I still have a 50mm f1.4 (that nobody wants ) and it's in the same league as the Pentax equivalent (IMO).

Must be tough losing Rufus - we lost our Rabbit a few years ago and I couldn't believe what an impact that had on us
LennyBloke

Helpful

robbiec

Link Posted 04/07/2020 - 16:18
pschlute wrote:
robbiec wrote:

It'll have to be a puppy too to allow Max feel in control. The balance of the house changed with Rufus passing.

Oh indeed, the dynamics of having two pets can be complicated. When I was a kid we had an older Siamese and a Collie (from a pup). The cat made it quite clear who was boss and could get the dog to vacate it's (now suitably warmed) bed with a simple hard stare.

Five years ago when we got Ripley as a little brother for Rio we expected it to be plain sailing as Rio loved playing with other dogs. But no, for 10 days he wanted nothing to do with the little upstart.

Very sorry for your loss.

Yep, dynamics is the word I was looking for. Dogs have a different personality

LennyBloke wrote:
I'm feeling a bit left out with all these super pet portraits on the forum - you've really got to grips with the 70-200 Robbie, Max has done it justice and the Chinon 50mm lenses were top notch glass, I still have a 50mm f1.4 (that nobody wants ) and it's in the same league as the Pentax equivalent (IMO).

Must be tough losing Rufus - we lost our Rabbit a few years ago and I couldn't believe what an impact that had on us

Thanks John. I'm still scratching the surface of its capabilities. I was describing its character to a local photo club friend and the wording I used was this:

"The best compliment I can pay it is that I want to take it out and see what it can do. Its like a giant point and shoot but with a certain aristocratic imperiousness to it. I point, I shoot and it nails it and I get the feeling that I'm a moron who does not deserve to use it 😜
Like is this all you got?"

I don't understand the weakness at 200/2.8, I'm personally not seeing it or else I'm easily satisfied.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.