Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Mauritius Holiday

Supamag
Posted 28/08/2011 - 19:07 Link
A few photo's from a recent holiday in Mauritius, we went to a wildlife park for a day out.

1.Comment Image

2.Comment Image

3.Comment Image

4.Comment Image

5.Comment Image
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Paul

K-R 18-55 Kit lens & Tamron 70-300
Dilek
Posted 29/08/2011 - 00:12 Link
Hi Paul...
#2 is funny!

#3 I would have cropped out the dark side at the left side...

Cheers,
With kind regards,
cabstar
Posted 29/08/2011 - 01:57 Link
Number 4 is fantastic, the tiger is almost 3d like... A very surreal image..
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Smeggypants
Posted 29/08/2011 - 03:15 Link
#4 is superb. Looks like you've used an adjustment brush to boost the exposure on the tiger. But however you did it works!! The pic has a lot of depth, which is something I missing on a lot shots I see. I would crop some of the sky off though

The other pics pale into insignificance in comparison. Apart form the black swan, which is pretty cool
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Edited by Smeggypants: 29/08/2011 - 03:26
Supamag
Posted 29/08/2011 - 08:18 Link
Thanks for the comments guys.

Pity I can't claim to have taken number 4 our guide took my camera and having said to us never to crouch down on the floor in front of the tigers he did to take the photo.

Dilek wrote:
Hi Paul...
#2 is funny!

#3 I would have cropped out the dark side at the left side...

Cheers,

I posted it just because I thought it was funny the bird was sat on a tree branch close to tour balcony in the hotel but no matter what it always faced away from me I think he knew I wanted his photo.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Paul

ChrisR
Posted 30/08/2011 - 10:40 Link
Great set of images, Paul.
Are you as close as it looks to the tiger in No4, if so, I dare not show the wife, as its her big ambition, to get up close and personal with big cats.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Gwyn
Posted 30/08/2011 - 11:58 Link
# 3 for me. I would clone out or even crop out the insect or whatever the blob is though.

I must admit to feeling very uncomfortable about #4. I'm not saying it happens where you went Paul, but certainly in South Africa (and other countries) big cats used like this usually end up being used for "canned" hunting, or put down once they get fully adult, since they become too dangerous. They can't be released as they are humanised, and the wildlife park can't keep all the young animals they produce for such photo ops.
Supamag
Posted 30/08/2011 - 12:36 Link
ChrisR wrote:
Great set of images, Paul.
Are you as close as it looks to the tiger in No4, if so, I dare not show the wife, as its her big ambition, to get up close and personal with big cats.

Take care.

Yes Chris we are that close, these tigers are only 10 months old and the stick you are given seems like it's not enough to protect you but the Tigers are more interested in the stick than you. The guides make sure that you only approach from the rear of the cat.

Gwyn wrote:

I must admit to feeling very uncomfortable about #4. I'm not saying it happens where you went Paul, but certainly in South Africa (and other countries) big cats used like this usually end up being used for "canned" hunting, or put down once they get fully adult, since they become too dangerous. They can't be released as they are humanised, and the wildlife park can't keep all the young animals they produce for such photo ops.

The only thing I can say is they did have larger pens with adult cats in them so hopefully they are not put down as they get older.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Paul

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.