Marsden Moor in autumn

jvs

Link Posted 22/11/2021 - 22:52
Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't think I've ever before seen the local moors looking so good! The Pennine Way goes across them, hence the stone paving to reduce the erosion. K-1 + FA 28-105. Please feel free to comment.

1 A view over Marsden taken on a different day showing the Moors in the background.

12 Pule Hill is the highest point locally on the edge of the moorland

John

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 22/11/2021 - 23:27
No. 1 for me, but all of them are great.
Be well, stay well.

davidstorm

Link Posted 23/11/2021 - 00:43
Same for me, number 1 has more interest and a completely different feel to the rest of the set, all of which is good. I'm also drawn to number 9.

Kind Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

jvs

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 07:25
Thanks, both, for your comments. I can see why you would be drawn to the first one. It's an area where I take lots of photos, trying to get the"perfect" one! Also a good walking area around the moors/tracks/fields on the sides of the Colne Valley surrounding Marsden in the bottom of the valley. You haven't seen the last of the Marsden area!
John

MrB

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 08:19
Number 9 showing the moor is top of the set for me. The foreground interest of the path and gateway, the lake in the middle distance, the seemingly endless wilderness of the hills in the distance, the wonderful cloud formation in the blue sky, and the differential sun-lighting of the scene. Great shot, thank you.

Philip

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 09:28
Enjoyed them all - maybe no.4 edges it for me and the simplicity of no.12 I like too! Maybe no.9 with some more contrast and a mono-conversion might change the look completely
LennyBloke

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 13:06
These are certainly my cup of tea, John.

As expressed by the others, these are all wonderful pictures of Pennine moors.

Being privileged to live alongside such a moor, I walk in the beauty you have captured as much as possible (maybe not tomorrow though, given the forecast!). I can smell the moorland air from your pictures
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Last Edited by LongTimeLurker on 26/11/2021 - 13:07

psburnley

Link Posted 26/11/2021 - 14:37
Nice set of images. Must have been a pleasure to walk there.

jvs

Link Posted 29/11/2021 - 12:54
Thanks for the comments! It's a favourite local walking area that I never tire of visiting.
John

Sry

Link Posted 02/12/2021 - 22:40
Lovely all, but something special about 8 & 9... Perhaps the idea that styles and such allow free passage (well, not for livestock) despite the fencing in of land.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.