Manual for Kx

bychan

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:34
I purchased my Kx from www.pixmania.com
no problems with the service, goods etc.

However their suppliers are in France, and as such the supplied manual came in French! Whilst an English PDF version is supplied on CD, I would like to obtain a hard copy.

Whilst there are plenty of laser printers at work, binding 300+ pages unnoticed wouldn't be so easy .

Does anybody know where/how I could obtain an English manual?
I've looked at the Pentax web site without any joy.

Thanks
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

polchraine

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 00:28
bychan - you say no problems but then go on to identify a fairly major one. And to be honest, it is your own doing ...

I can never understand why Pixmania insist on sending out items with incorrect manuals and leads. They know a customer is in the UK but cannot be bothered to deal with the customer in a fair way.

It would be so easy for them to supply the correct items.

But in the end, they are just PCWorld or Dixons under a different name.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...

hefty1

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 00:30
If it was me I'd email or ring Pentax UK and ask if they could provide me with one. They must have a stack of them I'd imagine, or at the very least be able to get hold of them for a small fee.
Joining the Q

Photomonk

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 00:32
Dear Adrian,

I am sorry but just I spent some time searching, amazon (US & UK), ebay, pentax and several other sites. PDF downloads galore, but as far as a printed manual no such luck. It could be that the camera is still relatively new, that no one wants to part with their manual yet. You may want to write Pentax directly and see if they will exchange or sell you a print copy. I wish I could offer better. Good luck.

The Photomonk

Mannesty

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 10:26
You can purchase printed manuals from here.

Click 'Click Here' under the heading Downloads & Literature.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Gwyn

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 12:47
I doubt that Pentax would supply an English manual for free - they regard Pixmania as a "grey importer".

The link Mannesty gives is for Pentax USA which will not supply outside the US. You can but a copy of the manual here according to Pentax UK.

Alternatively have a look at the Magic Lantern guide.

pink

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 12:57
is the magic lantern guide any good

I quite frequently use my manual and was wondering if the MLG is better

James

techno-terminator

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 13:09
Don't think a Magic Lantern Guide has been done for the K-x yet - I can't seem to find one
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Gwyn

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 13:17
technoidiot wrote:
Don't think a Magic Lantern Guide has been done for the K-x yet - I can't seem to find one

Could be - I didn't search for one.

Pink the magic lantern guides are not really better than the manual - but maybe explain some things in a clearer way.

Mannesty

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 14:35
Gwyn wrote:
The link Mannesty gives is for Pentax USA which will not supply outside the US.

I wasn't aware of that Gwyn. Thanks.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Gwyn

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 14:53
Peter, the site only tells you that when you get to the order form. Pentax keeps all it's subsidiaries and distributors separate and prevents them from supplying someone in another area.

womble

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 16:11
The Magic Latern Guides tend to be written in clearer English but are less comprehensive than the manuals. For the K10D I used both. For the K20D I haven't looked in the manual yet...

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Anvh

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 20:59
technoidiot wrote:

I thought about that when reading the comment when it was just placed and search for the guide but could only find one for the old K-M (film camera) I don't think you mean that one
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Gwyn

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 21:02
Stefan as I said I didn't look up whether there was one yet, it was just a thought. But for €19.50 Adrian can buy the manual. I wonder what the price is in pounds - the site obviously detects I am in The Netherlands.

techno-terminator

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 21:07
£14.95 for the Manual in the UK Gwyn
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.