Manual Focusing tips

bforbes
Posted 12/11/2008 - 21:33 Link
I have just been looking on Katzeye website and Ebay. Big difference in price 105 USD to £13.40. Are they different technically does anyone know?
Mike-P
Posted 12/11/2008 - 21:37 Link
The cheap ones are rubbish, they blackout after f8 making the screen unusable.
That's what I found anyway and as I do a lot of macro it was pointless keeping it in the camera.
iceblinker
Posted 12/11/2008 - 22:50 Link
kerrowdown wrote:
The Katzeye website lists for *istD, *istDs, *istDs2, *istDL, K100D, K1000D super, K110D and K200D. So these must also be changeable, but by whom I do not know.
They also list for the K10D and K20D on http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/cat--Pentax-DSLRs--cat_pentax.html

K20D uses the same screen as the K10D, by the way.

Changeable by whom? By oneself! Here's that video again: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YqZCjT-jr1s

Katz Eye screens are expensive but one is very well worth owning if you want to use manual focus lenses, or just have assurance that AF is working.

A statically charged brush is handy for removing dust from focusing screens. There is the electric Arctic Butterfly (that is supposed to be for sensors), or I'm sure you could use a more ordinary (but good quality) camera brush and charge it by rubbing it on something.
~Pete
Mannesty
Posted 13/11/2008 - 09:23 Link
[quote:3496ace15f="iceblinker] There is the electric Arctic Butterfly (that is supposed to be for sensors[/quote]One of the Arctic Butterfly kits comes in a box with three brushes. One of those brushes is for the mirror.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo