Manchester Town Hall

Snootchies
Posted 12/10/2010 - 19:33 Link
I was best man at a wedding a month back; and whilst escorting my heavily pregnant wife to the loo, I could'nt help but notice the beautiful corridor.

Taken hand held at ISO 1600 with the K-x & 18-55WR at F8 & 1/10th of a second.

Comment Image
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Edited by Snootchies: 12/10/2010 - 19:38
flossie
Posted 12/10/2010 - 19:58 Link
Very nice shot! Just feels very slightly wonky though, but i am on the laptop which is a bit wonky itself!
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Snootchies
Posted 12/10/2010 - 20:14 Link
Thanks for the comments guys.

You may have a point Flossie - it might just be ever so slightly leaning to the left! I had'nt noticed that, thanks
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
davex
Posted 12/10/2010 - 20:20 Link
Given the circumstances an excellent shot.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
Algernon
Posted 12/10/2010 - 20:34 Link
Great shot. I would never have thought it possible.... very
impressed with the 1600ISO
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
matwhittington
Posted 12/10/2010 - 21:05 Link
That is a lovely shot. Manchester town hall was designed by Alfred Waterhouse I think. This shot gives me a pang of nostalgia because he also designed my old school (few years since I was there now..:shock. Great stuff

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link
MrCynical
Posted 12/10/2010 - 22:14 Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Wow what a lovely corridor wish the GX10 had better low light high ISO abilities, there was a load that I shot at a recent wedding that were no good and just soooo noisy
Keep a hold of them and then get Lightroom 3 if you can - I haven't got round to upgrading myself but its noise reduction is supposed to be very good indeed.
womble
Posted 12/10/2010 - 23:38 Link
MrCynical wrote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Wow what a lovely corridor wish the GX10 had better low light high ISO abilities, there was a load that I shot at a recent wedding that were no good and just soooo noisy
Keep a hold of them and then get Lightroom 3 if you can - I haven't got round to upgrading myself but its noise reduction is supposed to be very good indeed.
It is. Sadly my free trial has run out. Ungrading is a little awkward as I bought mine through the Uni shop but when I get the chance I will.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo