Manchester, and new vs. old

droopsnoot
Posted 13/04/2015 - 13:43 Link
While hanging around in Manchester waiting for a gig a few Saturdays ago, I wandered around taking some general photos and soon found myself with a 'new against old' theme I hadn't bargained for.

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/hpfirenza/Manchester%202015/Imgp7011.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/hpfirenza/Manchester%202015/Imgp7012.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/hpfirenza/Manchester%202015/Imgp7006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/hpfirenza/Manchester%202015/Imgp7001a.jpg[/IMG]

Away from that, there were some interesting geometric shapes going on

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/hpfirenza/Manchester%202015/Imgp6981.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/hpfirenza/Manchester%202015/Imgp6980.jpg[/IMG]

Any comments gratefully received. I hadn't got my tripod with me, otherwise I'd have waited until after dark to see what else goes on, though I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about wandering around some parts in daylight, never mind later.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
johnriley
Posted 13/04/2015 - 15:40 Link
Good idea for a project and nicely done too.

Manchester can be safe and not safe, you need to know where not to go.
Best regards, John
Posted 13/04/2015 - 17:11 Link
Take it round near the apollo's still a bit dodgy then

Some good contrasts and abstracts here, thanks for posting.
droopsnoot
Posted 13/04/2015 - 19:01 Link
No, that was near the Academy, down near the university on Oxford Road. Many years since I've been near the Apollo (unless it's near there as well).
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
K10D
Posted 13/04/2015 - 23:09 Link
A good set and illustrates the difference very well.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo