Makinon F500 mm F8 pentax k mount

antpaubarcar

Link Posted 20/05/2011 - 19:53
Hello,

Just bought one but cannot find the front lens filter diameter and it is not indicated on the lens, some say 67 mm other say 80 mm, I' ve tried to measure it but have a lot of doubts, help apreciated!

Regards

Helder

layingback

Link Posted 20/05/2011 - 22:27
Yeah, agreed most references said 67mm, but it measures out at 80mm to me. But I've4 never found an 80mm to test with to confirm though.

You want the thread for a hood? I could never find a 80mm hood either...

If you want a filter they go on the rear - there should be 1 already there as lens will not focus correctly without at least a neutral density filter in place.

By the way you have one of the better 500mm mirrors for Pentax (only the Tamron is better) as long as you have the fixed mount version.

Perhaps the inferior IQ interchangeable mount version had the smaller front filer size??? I've had mine from new, but never actually seen the interchangeable mount version.
My PENTAX Page
Last Edited by layingback on 20/05/2011 - 22:31

antpaubarcar

Link Posted 21/05/2011 - 00:03
hello,

Many tks for the info.!I have 3 rear filters 2 density ones + 1 skylight, I want a front one to protect the lens, I am looking at it but no guess, Yes I have the Pentax k fixed mountt!!!
Regards
Helder

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 21/05/2011 - 08:17
Not advisable to put a front filter on as you've only got a starting point of f8 putting anything on the front will mean you will only be able to use it in very bright sunlight or you will lose at least 1 stop, my recommendation fwiw...be careful with it instead
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

layingback

Link Posted 21/05/2011 - 12:32
Indeed with the current price trend of mirror lenses (downward) and filters (upward) it would surely be cheaper to just buy another replacement mirror lens if you did scratch it than buy the filter now in case you did. Assuming you even found an 80mm filter that is

When I bought all my K lenses last century I put filters on all of them for accident protection but for the mirror, even back then the cost/benefit ratio of the filter didn't fly.

But a hood would be good ...
My PENTAX Page

antpaubarcar

Link Posted 21/05/2011 - 23:09
Hello,

Many tks for all y/ comments,

I do have a skylight 1a on every lens just for protection, regarding this one if I consider on a filter or on a hood how do I measure it' s diameter??!!
Tht is my problem

Nest regrads
Helder
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.