Making More Love-in-a-Mist

Lubbyman

Link Posted 14/06/2019 - 19:15
Without these little things doing their work there would be no exquisite pictures of love-in-a-mist and other flowers by coker (and others, of course).

Love-in-a-mist turned out to be quite a challenge, including for the bees. Lots of bits of flower for them to navigate at high speed before they could get down to business. And hard to get a clear shot through the bits of flower that wasn't just of the rear end of a bee. In the end, we each got what we wanted, but I think it was quicker and easier for the bees!

All with K3 + Irix 150mm macro, hand held, natural light. Trying the lens with bees before the herbs flower and the serious bee stalking season starts in the garden.

Comments, thoughts welcome.

1. Trying to find it.

2. Getting it.

3. Got it!

Steve
Last Edited by Lubbyman on 14/06/2019 - 19:17

davidwozhere

Link Posted 15/06/2019 - 01:53
Nice detail
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/06/2019 - 15:41
Thanks. One of the things I like about this sort of photography is seeing the detail that a bee (or other insect) encounters which we usually don't notice. And it all works, otherwise there wouldn't be more flowers and bees every year.

Steve

Sry

Link Posted 16/06/2019 - 20:38
Quite informative indeed, Steve. I'd never considered there might be hurdles to cross to gain access to the nectar. Aesthetically speaking, the last shot works best for me.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.