macro tube extenders

komtshengu

Link Posted 21/01/2010 - 03:53
I bought a set of macro tube extenders fro my k200d and cant make them work. My lens is a sigma 18-50mm(f3.5 - 4.5).I connetced the tube to the lens first and then to the camera body - no luck ! Waht am I DOING WRONG?

gartmore

Link Posted 21/01/2010 - 08:12
Can you explain a bit more when you say they wont work? Do you mean that autofocus and exposure aren't working? Autofocus doesn't work with tubes and auto exposure may only work if the tubes have a full set of electrical contacts, many dont. So full manual is your option.

Incidentally extension tubes wont give very good quality pictures with a zoom lens, you should really use a prime.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

iceblinker

Link Posted 21/01/2010 - 13:30
komtshengu wrote:
My lens is a sigma 18-50mm(f3.5 - 4.5).

If that lens doesn't have an aperture ring, you won't be able to use it with extension tubes that don't have electrical contacts.

I suggest anyway getting a second-hand manual-focus 50, 90 or 100mm prime (non zoom) lens off eBay.
~Pete
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.