Posted 04/08/2014 - 06:36 Link
If you'd like to see some macro work with a difference, have a look here

Click on 'photo galleries' > 'leon baas' > 'wideangle macro'
Regards,
Michael
Edited by michaelblue: 04/08/2014 - 06:44
Horst
Posted 04/08/2014 - 08:50 Link
Mind blowing images and so are the landscapes.

I also had a look at your website. All i can say is: "Wow !!!"

Regards, Horst
michaelblue
Posted 04/08/2014 - 15:23 Link
Horst wrote:
Mind blowing images and so are the landscapes.

I also had a look at your website. All i can say is: "Wow !!!"

Regards, Horst

Thanks Horst, very kind of you, it's nice to get feedback and know that someone is looking . Actually I've just (today) updated the website so I'm not sure which version you saw.

The macro shots are great aren't they?, I'll take a look at the landscapes later.
Regards,
Michael
johnriley
Posted 04/08/2014 - 15:39 Link
I prefer your own website Michael, there are some lovely images on there. They also load quickly, which is fantastic.
Best regards, John
michaelblue
Posted 04/08/2014 - 18:38 Link
Thank you John, I'm glad you like it, unfortunately I've not seen it completely myself as the internet here is too slow! Id love to see it on a good fast internet connection
Regards,
Michael
wvbarnes
Posted 05/08/2014 - 10:43 Link
michaelblue wrote:
Thank you John, I'm glad you like it, unfortunately I've not seen it completely myself as the internet here is too slow! Id love to see it on a good fast internet connection

Hi Michael, your own site is clean and simple with the emphasis on your excellent photography as John says. As to download speed i do have a high speed connection so wouldn't notice large files. Looking at jalbum the javascript program you seem to use it does claim to be able to optimise for web use to keep the files small for slower connections.
michaelblue
Posted 05/08/2014 - 18:48 Link
Hello Bill,
Thanks also, I don't know anything about 'javascript' (or even what it is) so I'm a bit in the dark there.
Do you mean there should be some setting I can change within Jalbum to make it load quicker?

I just add my photos (resized to 1024x768 in 'Faststone') re-arrange them and press 'upload' Jalbum does the rest
Regards,
Michael
wvbarnes
Posted 05/08/2014 - 18:56 Link
michaelblue wrote:
Hello Bill,
Thanks also, I don't know anything about 'javascript' (or even what it is) so I'm a bit in the dark there.
Do you mean there should be some setting I can change within Jalbum to make it load quicker?

I just add my photos (resized to 1024x768 in 'Faststone') re-arrange them and press 'upload' Jalbum does the rest

Hi Michael, I'm not familiar with the program but possibly it has settings from reading the jalbum site.

Normally for resizing you want to batch size as 80% jpegs to the maximum height and width with proportions preserved of the image on screen rahter than the screen size. This would more likely be max 800 x 800. Jalbum may well be resizing as well. try a small album and see if it loads better for you.
michaelblue
Posted 05/08/2014 - 19:54 Link
Ok Bill thanks for that, I've been resizing to 100% as I want my photos to show as good quality.
I'll try your suggestion......
Regards,
Michael
wvbarnes
Posted 05/08/2014 - 20:01 Link
michaelblue wrote:
Ok Bill thanks for that, I've been resizing to 100% as I want my photos to show as good quality.
I'll try your suggestion......

Yes, compressing your jpeg images will make the files much smaller and will be fine for the low resolution of most screens.Use the highest resampling your software has to maintain quality and always work from original image if you can.
michaelblue
Posted 09/08/2014 - 06:32 Link
Ok Bill, I've taken your advice, resized to 800x800 at 80% and updated the website....it does load a little quicker here now, thanks for your help.
What do you think?....link

Not sure what you mean by 'highest resampling' though
Regards,
Michael
Edited by michaelblue: 09/08/2014 - 06:36
wvbarnes
Posted 09/08/2014 - 10:27 Link
michaelblue wrote:
Ok Bill, I've taken your advice, resized to 800x800 at 80% and updated the website....it does load a little quicker here now, thanks for your help.
What do you think?....link

Not sure what you mean by 'highest resampling' though

Hi Michael,

Your site looks fine on my 24 inch monitor. 80% jpegs are a fraction of the size of 100% ones.

When you resize your photo program uses a mathematical algorithm to resize the pics. Most such programs have a range to choose from very simple and quick 'nearest pixel' (can be best for graphics) through oddly named 'Bilinear', 'Bicubic' (popular as a default) and in the case of my Serif Photoplus 'Lancros3' which is the best quality but heavy on computing power to do. Just use the best you have. Beyond that the album software may be doing things we don't yet know about. It appears to be scripted using javascript (not the program java) so should be visible to all devices, unlike flash albums.

Very well done, you live in a beautiful country and show it off well.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.