Mac and image editing

Unlocker
Posted 13/05/2009 - 16:41 Link
amoringello wrote:

If I can dump Windows and Microsoft products altogether, I'd be quite pleased.
You're not the only one!! Just updated the windows updater to run updates for the 3rd time now before I can run any updates! How people put up with this crap, I really don't know!
Galoot
Posted 13/05/2009 - 17:35 Link
The forums on this site are quite informative.

Here is a link to some ways of running windows on a Mac, link
Don
Posted 13/05/2009 - 17:44 Link
link
link
link
link

some reading for you Matt
also make sure you check your osx install disc for the developers tools package and install that, there is this:
link
I think you'll like tinkering under the hood of osx!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
MattMatic
Posted 13/05/2009 - 19:25 Link
Re: virus on Windows & performance - run Eset NOD32 antivirus. Not only will it wipe out the viruses (I cleaned up a laptop that had 29 active viruses in only 30min!). Almost no performance hit.

But I'd still switch
Appreciate all the links everyone! Don - I already know a fair bit of "under the hood" OS X having dug around in BSD, plus lots of reading. Finding out what the core was influenced me to consider Mac afresh

So much to learn, and so little time
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Mongoose
Posted 14/05/2009 - 10:09 Link
amoringello wrote:
Unlocker wrote:
I did find this whilst browsing today, will download the demo when I get home and let you know.
Please do. I may give that a go as well. Thanks for the link.
If I can dump Windows and Microsoft products altogether, I'd be quite pleased.
I effectively did so 2 years ago (still have a Windoze dual boot, but haven't booted it in months), I've never looked back. Admittedly I went Linux rather than Mac, but I very much doubt you'll regret your move away from M$.
you don't have to be mad to post here



but it does help

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo