M lens focus barrel jamming

johnha
Posted 25/02/2012 - 00:08 Link
Hi All,

Today my M 28/2.8 developed a clicking noise from the focus barrel at a particular point, this then got worse to the point where it is now jammed (I don't want to force it). It seemed to be fine yesterday.

I've read a comment suggesting it might be a bearing, any help appreciated.

John.
Spaceman_Spiff
Posted 25/02/2012 - 02:48 Link
Might also be grit or a shard of something that's become lodged. Has the lens ever been bumped or dropped? Sounds like it needs to be taken apart for an internal clean and service. Time to call the pros.
Better equipment enhances my ability to display my shortcomings.
Algernon
Posted 25/02/2012 - 08:58 Link
Strange.... I've got the same lens with the same problem?
I just stopped using the lens too big a job stripping it
down
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
stevejcoe
Posted 25/02/2012 - 10:03 Link
Actually, this lens is quite a simple design and relatively easy to strip , without disturbing the optics too much.

Regards Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo