Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

LX Diopter Adjustment

bjolester
Posted 02/06/2021 - 13:34 Link
I am wondering if someone could shed some light on how to adjust the diopter of the LX FA-1. Well, I use contact lenses, and on my left eye, which I look through the finder with, I use - 1.5 in strength. I wear contact lenses when photographing, should the diopter be set to "0". When adjusting the diopter, should the lens be taken off, or left on?

I am grateful for any advice about FA-1 diopter adjustment!
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
bjolester
Posted 02/06/2021 - 14:43 Link
My eyesight is in fact a slightly more complex issue. Without contact lenses I have perfect vision for about 1 meter, then things start to get blurry. I am near sighted. With contact lenses my eyesight is great from about 1 meter till infinity, so I have to use reading glasses in combination with the contact lenses. In other words, my eyesight is not fully corrected.
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Chrism8
Posted 02/06/2021 - 15:25 Link
Given what you'd said in your 2 posts above, I think its a bit of trial and error, focus on a subject of your choice whilst turning the diopter adjustment with and without your contact lenses in / out and see which offers the best options.

With an autofocus camera, I let the camera give me focus confirmation then turn the diopter adjustment to give me the sharpest viewfinder.

Sorry the response is a tad vague, but that may be your best bet.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Edited by Chrism8: 02/06/2021 - 15:26
bjolester
Posted 02/06/2021 - 16:04 Link
Thank you Chris! Yes, like you say, this turned out to a case of trial and error. I found an online LX manual and adjusted the viewfinder until all the lines in the central part of the focussing screen were sharp. The diopter then showed roughly -1.

Comment Image

A few days ago I received my newly acquired LX back from service, and I am about to take my first ever LX photos. I am excited
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.