Lx & mx collection. Help required..

Rich-shargill

Link Posted 05/08/2015 - 16:10
hi everyone i posted yesterday about a collection i aqcuired recently. i am in Birmingham & in need of help to maximise profit & ensure that these quality pieces are enjoyed as they should be

the boxes in the pics contain what ever they state. anyone interested in helping or even purchasing would be gratefully appreciated

many thanks in advance

Rich

LennyBloke

Link Posted 06/08/2015 - 08:49
I'll make a start then...

You have a Pentax MX with MX Winder - the selling price for the combination is anywhere between 40 and 90 depending on condition.

The Pentax LX is not one of the later models but does include original strap (and lugs), a hand grip and the Winder LX. It's hard to see the descriptions on the LX boxes, but it presumably has some sort of viewfinder - and judging by the number of boxes it may well have several finders or a system finder. I would guestimate the body, grip and winder at between 180 to 280 (depending on condition) and the system finders range between 30 to 90 ish each.

The 2 lenses with the red plastic screw in bases are probably for the Pentax Auto 110 system - a 20-40 zoom and a 70mm prime. No real idea on pricing, but probably very low - 20 each maybe?

The other lens in the same photo is a Pentax SMC 35-70 f2.8 zoom - probably 35 - 65 ish.

Can't see enough info on the 2 larger lenses. The one with the Soligor lens cap is probably an old style manual zoom with low value. The other lens could potentially be more interesting, but it would need identifying.

There appears to be a Spotmeter V - this is probably between 40 and 80.

I think there's a Pentax Stereo Viewer too, I see them for sale at between 30 and 60, but not sure they actually sell?

There appears to be a box of cables and leads - some of these items are probably Pentax specific so may have some value. Probably worth you speading them out and photographing them for this post.

Can't really advise on the Nissin flash units, but the ones I've seen for sale have been very low prices (a couple of pounds in some cases).

The Solar 3 and LPL viewers are virtually worthless and probably charity shop or low price ebay items.

I think you have a Weston Master light Meter - if it's working it could be between 15 and 50 depending on model, accessories, condition, etc.

The Pentax metal case might get 10 - 20.

Please remember these are only my opinion for guidance, others may have different opinions. Condition is going to be difficult for you to assess if you're not a camera user), so mould, battery corrosion, etc. could be a factor.

LennyBloke

Helpful

johnriley

Link Posted 06/08/2015 - 09:09
Where are you located and can these items be looked at in person?
Best regards, John

geordie01

Link Posted 06/08/2015 - 16:42
LennyBloke wrote:
I'll make a start then...

You have a Pentax MX with MX Winder - the selling price for the combination is anywhere between 40 and 90 depending on condition.

The Pentax LX is not one of the later models but does include original strap (and lugs), a hand grip and the Winder LX. It's hard to see the descriptions on the LX boxes, but it presumably has some sort of viewfinder - and judging by the number of boxes it may well have several finders or a system finder. I would guestimate the body, grip and winder at between 180 to 280 (depending on condition) and the system finders range between 30 to 90 ish each.

The 2 lenses with the red plastic screw in bases are probably for the Pentax Auto 110 system - a 20-40 zoom and a 70mm prime. No real idea on pricing, but probably very low - 20 each maybe?

The other lens in the same photo is a Pentax SMC 35-70 f2.8 zoom - probably 35 - 65 ish.

Can't see enough info on the 2 larger lenses. The one with the Soligor lens cap is probably an old style manual zoom with low value. The other lens could potentially be more interesting, but it would need identifying.

There appears to be a Spotmeter V - this is probably between 40 and 80.

I think there's a Pentax Stereo Viewer too, I see them for sale at between 30 and 60, but not sure they actually sell?

There appears to be a box of cables and leads - some of these items are probably Pentax specific so may have some value. Probably worth you speading them out and photographing them for this post.

Can't really advise on the Nissin flash units, but the ones I've seen for sale have been very low prices (a couple of pounds in some cases).

The Solar 3 and LPL viewers are virtually worthless and probably charity shop or low price ebay items.

I think you have a Weston Master light Meter - if it's working it could be between 15 and 50 depending on model, accessories, condition, etc.

The Pentax metal case might get 10 - 20.

Please remember these are only my opinion for guidance, others may have different opinions. Condition is going to be difficult for you to assess if you're not a camera user), so mould, battery corrosion, etc. could be a factor.

sounds about right

Algernon

Link Posted 06/08/2015 - 17:25
That's the first time I've ever seen a case for a Spotmeter V. Could be valuable to a keen collector. Sell it separately if the meter isn't in mint condition.

The Weston looks like a II or III too old really to be worth more than a fiver.

I've got two of the Pentax alloy cases worth about 20 each.
Top case even today providing all the dividers are there.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 06/08/2015 - 17:28

Helpful

Rich-shargill

Link Posted 07/08/2015 - 13:56
thanks for all the information guys. its a real help. I am in Birmingham for anyone interested & would be happy to show in person.

Lenny: looking at the pictures i put the only cables i see are coming out of a unit called sunpak GX8R ring light. i do also have a couple of boxes of leads, bits &bobs etc mostly branded all in excellent visual condition.

Algernon: the spotmeter 5 is in excellent condition too. Boxed & original branded polystyrene inside. i will attempt to add a couple more pics once i have replied as trying to insert too this message is proving to be beyond me.

Rich-shargill

Link Posted 07/08/2015 - 14:07

Hope these help.

thanks again guys

Rich-shargill

Link Posted 07/08/2015 - 14:10
the very big lense is pentacon 4/300 in visually good condition & matching the symbols i have the original tripod for it too

Algernon

Link Posted 07/08/2015 - 17:24
There's probably an adapter for the pentacon 4/300. Pentacon bayonet female (or is it a screw fitting) down to Pentax K (same as the end of a Pentax lens.

The Spotmeter 5 looks great. Probably worth putting on Ebay as an International sale from 99. I'm sure real collectors will want it.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 07/08/2015 - 17:25

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 07/08/2015 - 18:38
Rich-shargill wrote:
thanks for all the information guys. its a real help. I am in Birmingham for anyone interested & would be happy to show in person.

Lenny: looking at the pictures i put the only cables i see are coming out of a unit called sunpak GX8R ring light. i do also have a couple of boxes of leads, bits &bobs etc mostly branded all in excellent visual condition.

Algernon: the spotmeter 5 is in excellent condition too. Boxed & original branded polystyrene inside. i will attempt to add a couple more pics once i have replied as trying to insert too this message is proving to be beyond me.

I'd spread the cables and bits'n'bobs out and take a photo - sometimes there's an accessory or two take people are looking for
LennyBloke

Helpful

Tervueren

Link Posted 09/08/2015 - 16:04
I'm not looking for one having sold mine a while ago but I would pay between 65 to 100 for the 300mm pentacon depending on mount and condition, maybe more if mint, the aperture setup on these is a thing of beauty by the way shame about the weight of of it though lol
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.