Lowepro Harness

Mongoose

Link Posted 09/09/2007 - 11:01
After a weeks hiking and photography in south Wales, my Dad and I are considering the lowepro S+F harness as an improvement to our current rigs (consisting of a padded workbelt with toploader bags attached).

Lowepro claim that it can only be used with their deluxe belt, which at 30 for something we essentially already have seems a bit steep. Does anyone have one of these harnesses and do you know if it would attach sensibly to a normal padded toolbelt?

cheers all
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

stewart_photo

Link Posted 12/10/2007 - 09:52
I don't think so. If you look carefully at these two images, you'll notice the rear strap of the harness attaches to a strap on the back of the belt (directly in the centre). Without this same strap & ring attachment on your belt, you would have no method to attach the rear strap for the harness.

By the way, since a camera bag is real tough on the shoulders, I'm considering the same setup to carry my gear. So do please let me know how well this belt/harness combination works in the real world - and how people react when they see you walking down a city street wearing this.

stewart

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.