Lost interest ?
Posted 12/02/2011 - 07:42
Link
Me too, my momentum was nobled by a massive allergic reaction to something, this temporarily affected my eyesight making it hard to see fine detail and read text on LCD's. Now I'm bogged down decorating. Still on the upside I have just booked a fortnight in the lakes for later this year and a few Pentax meets in between .
Posted 12/02/2011 - 07:48
Link
Yesterday I booked a flight back to Spain for 10 days in March so something to look forward to ... pity I sold the 18-250mm and had to return my DA 17-70mm Ebay purchase
So to celebrate
Also on the upside, looks like it could be a nice day today .. pity I have a stinking cold and cough.
So to celebrate
Glover wrote:
Buy a new lens mike will get you going again
I did just that .. 18-135mm on it's way Buy a new lens mike will get you going again
Also on the upside, looks like it could be a nice day today .. pity I have a stinking cold and cough.
Posted 12/02/2011 - 07:55
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Also on the upside, looks like it could be a nice day today ..
Swap you for the constant rain!!!!!
Also on the upside, looks like it could be a nice day today ..
Posted 12/02/2011 - 10:04
Link
It's definitely the weather/lack of sunshine - I'm the same at the moment, haven't managed a landscape photo for 3 months. On the plus side the sun is shining here this morning so just on my way to Conwy to see if I get get started again!!
Simon
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 12/02/2011 - 10:09
Link
Crumbs - you folk are lucky with your weather .
Once more a chilly dreich day with a flat grey sky and it's pretty damp on the ground
Once more a chilly dreich day with a flat grey sky and it's pretty damp on the ground
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 12/02/2011 - 11:26
Link
Weather? Check this out: https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/dull-but-nice---ullswater-25806/p-0
But I agree. In 2010, based on my archives, I think I had a month away from my camera. I couldn't believe it.
I gues it's human nature. We tend to change focus. I got hooked back on Anime during that month.
Don't worry, most of the time, it will come to pass and you will be shooting again. I think the first days of Spring will encourage you.
But I agree. In 2010, based on my archives, I think I had a month away from my camera. I couldn't believe it.
I gues it's human nature. We tend to change focus. I got hooked back on Anime during that month.
Don't worry, most of the time, it will come to pass and you will be shooting again. I think the first days of Spring will encourage you.
Posted 19/07/2011 - 15:26
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Well to revisit this thread I have to say the weather hasn't improved much in 5 months .. its still bloody raining.
Take advantage of it. Well to revisit this thread I have to say the weather hasn't improved much in 5 months .. its still bloody raining.
Get out and get some rain shots!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 19/07/2011 - 15:50
Link
'sall right for you folks with weatherproofed cameras
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 19/07/2011 - 20:44
Link
Given that rainy days tend to look better in mono...
Get an old 35mm camera and a few rolls of film. Given I've seen working P30ts going for £10 or so you don't have much to lose if it gets drowned (unlikely unless you actually drop it in a lake).
Do remember to dry it out properly when you get home. I generally leave cameras in the airing cupboard for a few hours if they've been out in the rain.
Get an old 35mm camera and a few rolls of film. Given I've seen working P30ts going for £10 or so you don't have much to lose if it gets drowned (unlikely unless you actually drop it in a lake).
Do remember to dry it out properly when you get home. I generally leave cameras in the airing cupboard for a few hours if they've been out in the rain.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


200 posts
16 years
Manchester
It's these 'flat' times when it's great not to be a jobbing pro - there's no obligation to pick up the camera so just leave it where it is and come back to it when the motivation returns. Must be horrible to be obliged to churn out shots and compromise your photographic self into a corner to pay the bills...