Looking out the Kitchen window

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 14:07
Just got home from work, glanced outside the kitchen window which looks onto next doors small front garden and saw this. Ran for my camera and Bigma hoping it would carry on with it's meal and was lucky.

Grabbed a couple of shots through the window then thought I would try my luck by opening it .. at which the pesky bird flew off.

Not great quality ... bit annoyed really as I keep telling the wife to get out there and clean the windows.

Sparrow Hawk - Shot through Kitchen Window by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Sparrow Hawk - Shot through Kitchen Window by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Algernon

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 14:18
Excellent capture... tell your wife she won't get anymore
ironing boards until she starts looking after the kitchen
window better!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

usuqa

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 15:07
A nice capture of a fantastic creature.. I love birds but birds of prey scare me a little as I know given 1/2 the chance they would eat my little grey

aliengrove

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 15:15
Good captures, in spite of the window. The second one has much more contrast, have they been processed differently?
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

matwhittington

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 16:24
What a great thing to see out of the kitchen window! Beautiful creature. I normally just see next door's cat out of mine! Agree with Aliengrove that the second one has more 'pop' - assume this is down to PP?
Mat W

My Flickr: link

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 16:33
Second one has more aggressive PP work .. couldn't decide if it was a bit too much.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

bforbes

Link Posted 14/08/2011 - 16:48
It's all well and good taking all these wonderful images and making everyone green with envy. but the poor sparrow has rights too.

On the PP, according to my bird book, the first one would make it a juvenile, the second an adult.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.