Looking for spare Pentax BC90 charger

HarisF1
Posted 22/01/2019 - 00:20 Link
If you've got a genuine one spare then I'm interested!

And if you're using a third party one that was fairly inexpensive then share your thoughts on it

Thanks for looking!
All the gear with no idea
barkin
Posted 31/01/2019 - 17:49 Link
I like USB chargers. I bought a DSTE one from Amazon, with 2 x 3rd party batteries included, a couple of years ago, and the charger and batteries have been fine.
jeallen01
Posted 31/01/2019 - 19:09 Link
Ref DSTE: not needed one of their chargers, but have bought both DSTE D-Li90 and D-Li109 batteries and been very pleased with them - thus I would expect their chargers to be pretty good,
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
HarisF1
Posted 31/01/2019 - 20:14 Link
I've sourced one (thank you Neil!) and it should be good enough!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll consider DSTE stuff too if I need something in a pinch. I find some of the 3rd party batteries have poor capacity or lose capacity more quickly than the genuine batteries. That's a topic for another day.
All the gear with no idea
barkin
Posted 31/01/2019 - 21:03 Link
I rotate 2 DSTE batteries with an OEM one in my K3, and don't notice any significant difference in their performance/capacity.

I paid 14 quid for 2 DSTE batteries and a USB charger a couple of years ago. They're ~20 quid now from Amazon.
Compare that with the 70 quid that Wex/SRS want for a single OEM battery, and I'd be happy to throw away the odd dud.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo