Get 10% Off Eversure Camera Insurance Today!

Looking for spare Pentax BC90 charger

HarisF1

Link Posted 22/01/2019 - 00:20
If you've got a genuine one spare then I'm interested!

And if you're using a third party one that was fairly inexpensive then share your thoughts on it

Thanks for looking!

barkin

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 17:49
I like USB chargers. I bought a DSTE one from Amazon, with 2 x 3rd party batteries included, a couple of years ago, and the charger and batteries have been fine.

jeallen01

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 19:09
Ref DSTE: not needed one of their chargers, but have bought both DSTE D-Li90 and D-Li109 batteries and been very pleased with them - thus I would expect their chargers to be pretty good,
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

HarisF1

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 20:14
I've sourced one (thank you Neil!) and it should be good enough!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll consider DSTE stuff too if I need something in a pinch. I find some of the 3rd party batteries have poor capacity or lose capacity more quickly than the genuine batteries. That's a topic for another day.

barkin

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 21:03
I rotate 2 DSTE batteries with an OEM one in my K3, and don't notice any significant difference in their performance/capacity.

I paid 14 quid for 2 DSTE batteries and a USB charger a couple of years ago. They're ~20 quid now from Amazon.
Compare that with the 70 quid that Wex/SRS want for a single OEM battery, and I'd be happy to throw away the odd dud.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.