Lomg Range Close Up's
Posted 25/07/2018 - 09:40 - Helpful Comment
Link
Great results Chris - the background is particularly good (i.e well oof and not distracting) in 1 and 3, too often we consider the main subject without looking beyond.
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
LennyBloke
Posted 25/07/2018 - 10:00 - Helpful Comment
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Great results Chris - the background is particularly good (i.e well oof and not distracting) in 1 and 3, too often we consider the main subject without looking beyond.
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
They really are. 1 and 3 for me 2 😁😁😁
Great results Chris - the background is particularly good (i.e well oof and not distracting) in 1 and 3, too often we consider the main subject without looking beyond.
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 25/07/2018 - 10:54 - Helpful Comment
Link
Nice job! I bet the extra reach is handy.
Posted 25/07/2018 - 11:00
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Thanks John, really appreciated, If it would help to take your mind off acquiring either the Sigi 100 -300 and or the Pentax 150 - 450 we're not that far apart and I'd be happy for you to try them so you could decide their not for you
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 25/07/2018 - 11:03
Link
Chrism8 wrote:
The Sigma used to come as a kit paired with a 1.4x teleconverter in some mounts. Did the Pentax one ever come as that set?
LennyBloke wrote:
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Thanks John, really appreciated, If it would help to take your mind off acquiring either the Sigi 100 -300 and or the Pentax 150 - 450 we're not that far apart and I'd be happy for you to try them so you could decide their not for you Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Posted 25/07/2018 - 11:03
Link
Chrism8 wrote:
Oh John, I can see you winding up with both LennyBloke wrote:
Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Thanks John, really appreciated, If it would help to take your mind off acquiring either the Sigi 100 -300 and or the Pentax 150 - 450 we're not that far apart and I'd be happy for you to try them so you could decide their not for you Another lens I've been talking myself out of for several months - you're not helping me much at the moment
Fair play to you Chris.
Just gotta love this forum 👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 25/07/2018 - 11:07
Link
The Sigma used to come as a kit paired with a 1.4x teleconverter in some mounts. Did the Pentax one ever come as that set ?
As far as I know, never as a kit, there was a matched 1.4TC and a 2x TC which worked with a few other Sigma lenses of the time, I've seen one for sale either on here quite recently or poss on another forum, cant recall which.
As far as I know, never as a kit, there was a matched 1.4TC and a 2x TC which worked with a few other Sigma lenses of the time, I've seen one for sale either on here quite recently or poss on another forum, cant recall which.
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 25/07/2018 - 14:50 - Helpful Comment
Link
Beautiful smooth green backgrounds make your dragonflies pop out of the images!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 25/07/2018 - 16:54 - Helpful Comment
Link
Great clarity in the subjects. All good but #1 is my choice.
Cheers.
Philip
Cheers.
Philip
Posted 25/07/2018 - 23:09 - Helpful Comment
Link
Lovely!
Posted 27/07/2018 - 01:27
Link
Very nice indeed.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2128 posts
16 years
St Austell,
Cornwall
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM