Location advice in the lakes

Stuey
Posted 28/10/2013 - 20:57 Link
Hi all

Providing I make further recovery progress from my recent brush with meningitis myself, better half and our nine year old will be in the lakes this weekend at Flookburgh

Can anyone offer any advice on decent locations for some pics :

I certainly do not expect to be up to putting much physical effort in at the moment so any advice that gives opportunities not far from where we can park the car would really be appreciated

Thanks in advance


Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
SteveEveritt
Posted 28/10/2013 - 21:11 Link
GWS Stuey
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Stuey
Posted 28/10/2013 - 21:23 Link
Cheers Steve
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Blythman
Posted 28/10/2013 - 21:25 Link
Can't help that far south Stuey, but hope you'll provide some ideas for me sometime in the future.

Have a great time
Alan


PPG
Flickr
johnriley
Posted 28/10/2013 - 21:54 Link
How about Tarn Hows? Long or short walks as required and the scenery starts at the National Trust car park.
Best regards, John
Stuey
Posted 28/10/2013 - 22:02 Link
Cheers Alan - I will let you know what we find

And thanks John - I have just checked that out and it is definitely on the list now
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Blythman
Posted 28/10/2013 - 22:06 Link
Just thought Stu. try and do the South Lakes Animal Park. Decent selection of animals and you can get some great giraffe shots . Theirs a balcony at head height
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Edited by Blythman: 28/10/2013 - 22:07
Stuey
Posted 29/10/2013 - 10:50 Link
Thanks Alan

Another one for the list - it looks pretty good on the website but I think they need to make the head height balcony a little more obvious though - what a great idea
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
tyronet2000
Posted 29/10/2013 - 18:39 Link
Have a good one Stuey, can you send me a copy of your list, and look forward to your snaps
Regards
Stan

PPG
stub
Posted 29/10/2013 - 21:30 Link
I;m with John on this one Tarn Hows is stunning, and right on the car park.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
bforbes
Posted 29/10/2013 - 22:04 Link
Cartmel and it's priory, Grange over Sands is worth a visit for the Dragon pie link. On the other side of the estuary Arnside has a boar if the tides are right.

A little further, but still within striking distance, Coniston, Fell Foot Park on the southern tip of Ullswater and a steam railway if your visit is not too late link
Stuey
Posted 29/10/2013 - 22:12 Link
Cheers Guys

Barrie, that bakery looks good even if I can't find the Dragon pie

I will add your ideas to our list prior to leaving

Regards


Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
fritzthedog
Posted 31/10/2013 - 15:50 Link
Hi Stuey

If you fancy a gentle day - how about Fell Foot Park, Newby Bridge?

You could then get the boat over to waterside and either take the Windemere boat trip or a ride on the steam train.

Whatever you do - enjoy!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Stuey
Posted 31/10/2013 - 19:04 Link
Cheers Carl

I will add that to the list also

Hopefully there may be some pic's to show sometime next week

Cheers


Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Stuey
Posted 16/11/2013 - 18:33 Link
Hi all

Some of the photo's from our weekend in the lakes are now in the 'photo's section

Stan, our list is as follows however the weather was more a deciding factor that location (I think)

Saturday, a trip from top to bottom of Windermere taking in Ambleside etc - mostly rainy

Sunday, Grizedale, Tarn Hows, Cartmel (priory covered in scaffolding) and surrounding areas.

Monday, return to Tarn Hows, briefly then off on a 'wherever she decides' trip towards Ullswater with my better half just randomly choosing the roads to take so we could just see what we found by chance.

Thanks for all those who offered advice

Regards


Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo